S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

HIDs are the cause of wars

Old 10-27-2000, 11:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First off, I want everyone to know that I LOVE the HIDs...these things help me see SO much more than anything else I've had.

Unfortunately, they also keep many drivers from seeing as much as they would like to. Whenever I hit a bump, people think I'm flashing my brights at them. I have to flash in return to theirs to SHOW them what my brights are like.

I was on a major highway just outside of Boston in the left lane with a Bimmer in the right. I had several who were ahead of me slow down thinking I was flashing them like crazy. But the A$$HOLE in the Bimmer took it upon himself to slow down, get behind me, and hit his brights while riding my ass for the rest of the ride.

Granted, I'd be pissed if I thought someone was keeping their brights on regardless of people around them, but how on Earth do you tell these people "If I turn THESE off, I'll be running on moonlight!".

Just my 2 rupies for the week...

Old 10-27-2000, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drop a gear or two, floor it and leave the bimmer in the dust!
Old 10-27-2000, 11:55 AM

Install rear and forward mounted rockets and see which they complain about more.

Or in my case mount surface to air rockets for the flying pigs over the twin span bridge on I 10
Old 10-27-2000, 12:04 PM

i'd go for the untraceable nail and oil slick. much easier to deploy too. or you can always get those super high beam flashlights that plug into your car's outlet and flash anyone at any direction.
Old 10-27-2000, 12:18 PM

Originally posted by mingster:
i'd go for the untraceable nail and oil slick. much easier to deploy too. or you can always get those super high beam flashlights that plug into your car's outlet and flash anyone at any direction.
Sounds like a new product line may be offered soon: Mingsters' S2000 Defensive Driving Accessories.

Old 10-27-2000, 12:18 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I lowered the aim on my drivers side for that reason.

The staggered effect makes it look like you are flashing only one (passenger side) or even the two independently
Old 10-27-2000, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seriously!?

Dial *77 on your cell phone and tell them that you want to report a possible drunk and dangerous driver. That's the number for the state police. I have done this at least a half dozen times when I come upon an aggressive or dangerous driver. They usually respond in less than 5 minutes.

Dickhead gets pulled over and maybe gets a ticket, a breath test for sure, and you make it to your destination safely.

Where are cops when you need them? On the other end of your cell phone. They desend like a pack of wolves when called especially if you report it as a possible DUI.
Old 10-27-2000, 12:49 PM

The Bay Area has it's share of HIDs, but the S is by far the most annoying to other drivers. I have had people slow down to flash me. If they are a**holes about it (leaving the highs on), I make it a point to return the facvor .

side note: I was waiting to hear back from the person that installed the 55W xenon replacements for the high beams. Might install the 100W xenons for my high beams.

I have a friend w/ a Tahoe that has 1Mil candlepower KCs front and rear.

Two stories both on the same Tahoe trip (read through the bad grammar/spelling, can't proof right now):

1. We were on our way up to the Tahoe area from the Bay Area. It was snowing and dark, causing very slow traffic. Some a**hole in an Expedition couldn't wait to get to Tahoe He was gunning his engine and jerking out into the other lane, trying to get around us (an the infinite line of cars in front of us). My friend decided to calc him down; flipped switch. Lit up the truck like a christmas tree. Those things are bright.

2. Way back from Tahoe/Kirkwood. There are really windy roads until you get to HW5. About every 10 miles the lanes open up to allow faster cars to pass. When we hit one of the turnoffs, a Saab decided to cut it off. Not a big deal, just slow down or go around. Well the Saab (Snaab) didn't want us to pass. He matched our speed (25 under to 25 over) the entire length of the passing section. Well, my friend got behind them. Flipped the switch for the front light. <jjjjjjjjjj> would be the best way to describe the hum from the 4 1Mil CP lights on the front. When the lights went on, both kids and his wife (yes, he was screwing around w/ his kids in the car) ducked. He slowed down, pulled out of the fast lane. I bet he won't try that one again.
Old 10-27-2000, 01:36 PM

Damn that'd entertaining to have brights like that!

Jay
Old 10-27-2000, 01:45 PM

My headlights on my Goldwing are driver adjustable. Perfect for those situations. Hit the high beam and crank it up.

Quick Reply: HIDs are the cause of wars