S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Houston S2K gets flooded

Old 06-10-2001, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston S2K gets flooded

Unfortunately, the Houston floods got to my S2000 It was parked in my apartment complex garage and the water was up to just above the tops of the wheels. I'm glad I didn't see it when it was underwater 'cause it would have made my cry. When I got to it yesterday, the water was up to the door sills and the trunk had about a foot of water in it. I just got through siphoning most of the water out this evening.

I don't know how bad the damage to the electrical system is. The top and windows work and the water barely made it to the bottom of the dash. My $1500 stereo is obviously toast. I haven't tried to start it, but the air filter is a little damp. The engine oil looks normal. My insurance company advised my not to try to start it, so I guess it will just sit there for a while.

I doubt the insurance company will total it, so I'll just have to see if the dealer can fix it. I've heard the smell never goes away. If it isn't 100%, I've decided I will replace it with a new one.

I'm acutally not as depressed about it as I thought I would be. I love the S2000, but I'll love a new S2000 just as much as my current ride. It will take me a while to recover from this finanancially, but I can live with that.
Old 06-10-2001, 09:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dave, I wouldnt' worry too much, insurance will take care of you see my response here:

http://www.s2000online.com/forums/showthre...?threadid=17526
Old 06-10-2001, 09:07 PM

Man that sucks. I'm originally from Houston, and my family still lives there. But I know what the flooding can be like, and this was especially bad. Good luck with the car, hope things work out.
Old 06-10-2001, 09:50 PM

Sorry to hear that your S2K got flooded. We live in Houston and fortunately, stayed high and dry....

The Referee
white/red
Old 06-10-2001, 09:58 PM

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you. Let me know if you need any help.

John David also ran into some high water on Friday night coming in from Austin. I think his car was towed to John Eagle this morning. Insomniak ran through some high water coming from Dallas but managed to get through without any problems. Rasputin had his nose in a ditch, but also ended up fine.

Let us know how things go with your claim.
Old 06-10-2001, 10:02 PM

Hi Dave

Sorry to hear about your drowned S2000. I suppose if they replace every inch of carpeting, the seats, the trunk liner, the dashboard, wash down the shell with antifungal disinfectant, you may get away without that mildew smell.

Good luck.

2x6spds
Old 06-10-2001, 10:06 PM

Here are the other Houston related threads.

Insomniak's Post
anyone else had to run their stook through standing water?

Rasputin's Post
Houston Flooding -- S2K submerged in ditch!

My Storm Info Thread
HOUSTON, we have a problem!
Old 06-10-2001, 10:09 PM

Well...you know how I feel...

Let me know if you need anything or if you need to an "S2K Fix" while yours is in the shop. I suffered no damage so i can only imagine what it is like. Sorry...

Mark
Old 06-10-2001, 10:09 PM

Dave,

Sorry to hear that man...

Don't worry though...it should be o.k....
Old 06-10-2001, 11:16 PM

Just saw on the news today...Houston looks pretty bad under water. Damages were estimated at 1 billion dollars...However, the storm is now moving to Georgia, Alambama...Good luck folks.

Quick Reply: Houston S2K gets flooded