S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I can't believe the lack of respect people have for nice cars

Old 02-05-2004, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by alexf20c
It's a ing tiny nick. I don't even want to think about what you guys when anybody so much as looks in your car's general direction.
alexf20c, I don't think it's so much the level of damage that's been inflicted in this case, but more so the simple fact that the slightest amount of care and concern from the other party could have prevented this. Did the other person give that slight amount? No they didn't. And this is what troubles me about some people.

I don't expect a lot from people. But it's the small things such as saying, "Thank you" when I hold open a door, or wave when I let you into traffic, etc...what pisses me off is when these small courtesies; which take small amounts of energy and consideration, simply go ignored. How hard can it be? I think that's the main point to this person's post.

And while the S2000 may not be a nice car to you, it's not fair to assume your attitude toward your car and other peoples' attitudes towards their cars are one in the same. This car means different things to different people. Not trying to be an e-thug and argue over the internet. I'm just trying to bring a different perspective on this.
Old 02-05-2004, 04:00 PM

Walking through the covered parking at the Atlanta airport a while back I saw a parked Porsche Boxster with a cigarette on the hood. Somebody obviously flipped in there while lit because I could see a little paint damage.

Some people just resent other people having nice things.

Jack
Old 02-05-2004, 04:09 PM

Where do you get Porsche Boxters being nice from?

I'm just kidding
Old 02-05-2004, 04:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sad, but the inconsideration people have for other's cars is criminal.

The only was you can avoid this is to find parking where people can't get close to you, a tough challenge in most places. Even then, you can't count on being safe from the morons out there.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:11 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

If I park in a public car park I always park away from other cars.

But inevitably when I return all the new arrivals will congregate around my car, no matter how incovenient the spot it.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:17 PM

i would've definately called the cops and a filed report, especially something so obvious. i know its a small knick, but at least the jackass will learn his lesson and learn how to park niext time. reading your story makes me so angry that i just want to bash that guys skull in with a baseball bat!
Old 02-05-2004, 11:01 PM

That suck I park my car in the garage but when I park near my g/f house there this big GMC that like to park behind me. But she park far back but sometimes I'm worried she might mess up and hit my car.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:00 AM

That would have driven me crazy. I always park at the end of parking lots and try not to get into thoes situations. But some people will say that is what a bumper is for...Sorry to hear that
Old 02-06-2004, 04:16 AM

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

Never attribute to malice what could be pure ignorance.

You would not believe the number of people who actually park by feel - they pull in, pull forward until they bump the car ahead and then usually back up a bit.

Perhaps this guy just omits the last step...
Old 02-06-2004, 04:37 AM

Or you could just have him towed...but then that requires a signature for the truck company...not sure if any liability is involved w/ the signature...but it would be funny.

Quick Reply: I can't believe the lack of respect people have for nice cars