S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I can't believe the lack of respect people have for nice cars

Old 02-06-2004, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I parked in front of a local club, in my reserved spot, and someone came by and spit on my car and the S in front of me!! No respect, I wish I could find out who!

Just venting!
Old 02-06-2004, 04:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's so sad to see the lack of respect that people have these days and even sadder to see that there's a lack of common sense too. Whatever happened to the days when if someone tapped another person's bumper, he/she would leave a note?!

A few years back, my husband & I were in this covered municipal parking garage & saw a big truck trying to back out of a spot. Well, when he was turning the wheel, he hit the car on the side of him. We think, "ok - he'll either stop or pull back in the space, check the damage on the other car & leave a note". Nope! He kept backing out & kept going! That was enough for us to see - we chased after him, wrote down the plate number, and then went back to the car he hit & left a note w/ the plate number & our phone number in case someone needed to speak to us.

Perhaps this is why schools are now teaching "character education" - it seems no one else is doing the job.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:28 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Had the same thing happen infront of me the other day. Lady pulls out of her driveway, backs into her NEIGHBOR across the street, puts it in drive and takes off around the corner. I see this and am stunned. I proceed to flash my lights and honk the horn. I see her brake lights flash as she goes around the corner.

I pulled over to the victims car and wrote the plate info and description on a note. As I'm doing this, the lady that hit the car had parked around the corner and walked back to talk to me. MISTAKE on her part. I let her have it - big time. Told her about hit and runs, her lack of awareness (for hitting the parked car in the first place) and her lack of respect for leaving.

She couldn't say much. I told her that I had the note thing taken care of and she could go (as I shoooed her away with the back of my hand).

Idiot!
Old 02-06-2004, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think it's so much the level of damage that's been inflicted in this case, but more so the simple fact that the slightest amount of care and concern from the other party could have prevented this. Did the other person give that slight amount? No they didn't. And this is what troubles me about some people.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KayakJack
Walking through the covered parking at the Atlanta airport a while back I saw a parked Porsche Boxster with a cigarette on the hood. Somebody obviously flipped in there while lit because I could see a little paint damage.