S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I have critters living under my Hood!

Old 02-28-2004, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have critters living under my Hood!

WTF,
Awhile ago I found nuts and twigs on my frame rail under the hood and I cleaned them thinking I must have gone off-roading and forgot about it. Three days ago I noticed them again and vacuumed them out - I am positive I got it all and this morning I find this - fresh urine,dung and nuts! I am infested!!!!

I am more worried if the little buggers start to nibble on wiring - I will set up a live trap tonight to see if I can catch the little bastards! What really surprises me is that I have two Jack Russels that like nothing more than to chew on little critters!
Old 02-28-2004, 07:06 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Unless your Jack Russels are nocturnal, they will never see the little beasties. You'll just have to place traps in your parking area to get rid of them. Clean up your car at the first sign of their presence. If they leave food, they'll come back for it. Place a few moth balls where the food and turds are found.
Old 02-28-2004, 07:11 AM

Good chance they are car-eating squirrels......my friend had one chew through all kinds of wires in his truck
Old 02-28-2004, 08:22 AM

Xviper, you are correct about them being nocturnal, The dogs do have access to the back yard at night until bedtime than they are curled up in bed with me and the lady - what's funny is now that I think about it Maggie (avatar) has been paying alot of attention to my car lately and I have been scolding her and I feel bad now because she was trained by me to compete in go to ground trials and we used rat urine as scent trails underground! she probably was just hunting!
Maggie not long ago chewed through my brothers wire harness on his Saturn when it was stored in my back yard and I assume she was going after a critter - fortunately she is too fat and my car too low for her to do any damage to mine!
Old 02-28-2004, 09:24 AM

I say you kill them with a knife.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:23 AM

Damn that sucks, I hope you stop this problem
Old 02-28-2004, 10:28 AM

This is the craziest thing I've seen in a while. Good luck!
Old 02-28-2004, 10:32 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I suggest you pop the lid off your air filter box and have look there too. Last year, I pulled 2 lbs of seeds from my neighbor's air filter box. The little buggers were using it as a winter storage feed lot.
Old 02-28-2004, 11:00 AM

bring the little bastards to justice...pics of them when you capture the bandids!!!
Old 02-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Don't underestimate the dogs, get those critters out of there as soon as you can.

Where we used to live, a neighbor had a pair of huge German Shepherds that literally tore the fenders off of two cars to get at the mice inside. No joke. I'm not putting your terriers in the same brute strength category of course, but they could hurt the car or themselves trying to get to them.

Quick Reply: I have critters living under my Hood!