S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

its not that nice of a car

Old 08-06-2002, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand what he is saying. Your car is nice, but is it nice enough to bring to an amusement park on a nice day, and put a car cover on it?? You don't even see people with $150,000 cars covering them as they go into someplace for a couple hours. I would have said the same thing.

Do you do the same thing when you go get a cup of coffee at 711??
Old 08-06-2002, 05:44 AM

not to mention, I would rather have the car showing so people can see, heheheh. But sometimes I wish I had a car cover, I'm so tired of cleaning my car every 4 or 5 days because of the recent slew of rain.
Old 08-06-2002, 06:00 AM

It's your car to take care of as you see fit. The fact that people have so little thoughts in their head that they have to fill their minds and mouths with meaningless insults betrays the fact that he *didn't have much of a life.* Pity. In my short time as an owner I've experienced a bit of a culture shock about America. This car seems to be a lightning rod that brings out either the best or the worst in people.
Old 08-06-2002, 06:07 AM

ain't that the truth! I mean it's refreshing people of all ages tell me (a relatively young adult, 25) tell me this and that about my car, but on the other side of the coin, I also get a lot of dirty looks that make me feel uncomfortable. I didn't get the car for attention but rather cuz I knew I would enjoy it so much. But i know attention comes with the territory. And this attention can be both good or bad :/
Old 08-06-2002, 06:20 AM

I would have probably given you a hard time as well. Thats a bit extreme. I cover mine for the winter but I don't cover it everytime I take it out in public
Old 08-06-2002, 06:23 AM

Some people dont have much of a life. While opinions on a car are going to differ, some folks are so insecure that they need to insult someone else's car. Others are so insecure that they respond when its their car being talked about. There are stupid and immature people everywhere. No point lowering ourselves to their level.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:44 AM

It has nothing to do with the car. You were putting on a car cover in the parking lot of an amusement park. He was just telling you that you are being a bit extreme. He is not the jackass....you are.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree that covering the car in certain instinces, like the one described here, maybe a bit too extreme for most; however, the man paid for the car and that is all that matters. Everyone here paid for their car, or is still paying, and that gives them the right to care/treat their vehicle precisely the way they want to. The guy that made the comment in the parking lot was a fool. There are many people that feel the need to express their opinion in this world, even some on this board, when it isn't asked for. There will always be people of this type.

When I encounter this situation, the only logical thing to do IMO is to laugh in the face of evil. Jealousy, envy, greed...they all stem from evil. Don't succomb to this insecurity...just laugh and know you have something they covet.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:03 AM

The irony of people dissing you cause you are overly careful is you are precisely the sort of previous owner everyone wants when it comes time to buy a car. On the flip side, I see a Silver around here at times that is obviously not very well looked after and it breaks my heart seeing it dirty and door-dinged. That ain't no way to treat a lady.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:24 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JASON410
[B]It has nothing to do with the car.

Quick Reply: its not that nice of a car