S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Just test Drove an S2k, and I got some questions

Old 01-27-2009, 03:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hkspwrsche' date='Jan 26 2009, 06:11 PM
Every carmax car any of my friends has owned had something wrong with it and several had accident repairs.
Interesting. Every Carmax car my friends have bought have been great cars with decent pricing. The one in the OP certainly isn't one of those. That's anecdotal evidence for ya.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this guys a noob, its just vtak induced seizures. its your leg thats shaking ferociously in an attempt to cage the f20c beast, not the pedal

we're all prone to these seizures by now
Old 01-27-2009, 05:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well this is like the 6th s2k I've test driven, this one isn't the worst one I drove but it definitely has problems. The worst one I drove was an 05 GPW in Virginia. it had quarter of a tank of gas. I drove it down for a test, not even half a mile and I had to drive it back to the dealer. it was Smoking and I had no gas left. That was the worst S2K trying experience I've ever had. Im scared to test drive s2k in bad local dealers now. Terrible. what was worst was when i bought it back, someone had bought it. Luckily he prolly taken it back cause it's still there. Terrible....

On topic ...
I'm sure I've not the only one that has driven this one I said in the OP. with the price and condition I'm sure someone would of bought it by now if there wasn't a problem. Its not a bad price for an 07 and it's Laguna Blue which is pretty rare where I live.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you search this forum with the keyword "clutch vibration" you see that it pretty common to have a little vibration when decelerating... clutch violently shake when VTEC made me ROFL when I picture it happening.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is very difficult for any of us to reply to do so with sufficient info without driving the car ourselves, as vibration is one of those things that is hard to describe in words. But here, the OP says the clutch was "shaking", and that's a bit worse and more than "vibration" to my definition.

Chikane, it sounds as though you have encountered about all the "lemon" s2ks that there are! Sorry about that. As to the laguna blue one with clutch shake, it is just my uneducated guess that some plate or cone is warped in the clutch mechanism, or perhaps a bearing is bad. A dealer probably wouldn't fight you on warranty for a bad bearing, but warping can result from abuse of the vehicle, and that's what would worry me.

If you still have serious interest in this car, see if you can take it to a Honda Dealer for at least a surface analysis of this problem -- and don't buy it until after that.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys the car was sold(07 Laguna Blue in the op), I guess we can be on the look out for a New member. If they join they'll prolly go to Mid Atlantic, I did notify the assistant manager of that car max and they did take it back into the shop for it to be looked at. Im not sure of the problem was fixed, but congrats and good luck to the owner who bought it, best of luck to you

I'll continue my search, they got 2 local dealers here each with one Berlina blacks in the show room. I'm sure I can get a better deal on them, since they were showroom cars. I just cant decide if I want the one with the one with black and red stitching seat, or those unique red seats. and if these new ones have problem I'll officially stop looking for a bit, cause this is ridiculous.