S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Learned a lesson - driving in rain.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:19 PM

Received 1,247 Likes on 944 Posts

^LOL. I have a MY00. Never experienced "snap oversteer" in my 10+ years of ownership. Its all BS. The car wants to swap ends when you drive it that way.

AP2's are definitely easier to drive. But either one is predictable if you're aware of what you're doing.

But now we're becoming totally unhinged from the original topic.

OP admitted he made a mistake in his first post. I respect that.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:25 PM

There's no debate as far as I'm concerned. The thread was going the direction of advising people on what to do and what not to do.

The problem is that there is a clearly an outlook that the car is "downright dangerous", and some advice was given to just not drive it in the rain.

People make fundemental mistakes with this VERY characteristic RWD sports car. The problem isn't the car. The car is just doing what the operator asked it to do. This one just takes operator commands relatively literally and immediately.

Again, none of my commentary about that topic was aimed at the OP.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:07 PM

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious
There's no debate as far as I'm concerned. The thread was going the direction of advising people on what to do and what not to do.

The problem is that there is a clearly an outlook that the car is "downright dangerous", and some advice was given to just not drive it in the rain.

People make fundemental mistakes with this VERY characteristic RWD sports car. The problem isn't the car. The car is just doing what the operator asked it to do. This one just takes operator commands relatively literally and immediately.

Good Lord, you didn't even read any of what I said.

You have a MY00 and never spun it? Great! You're either up on all the steady-state things I mentioned (tires/tread/etc.) [as you should be], haven't driven in adverse conditions enough (standing water, debris, oil), or haven't done all of the above driving fast enough [too fast for the conditions, as some would say]. Good for you bud!
Old 10-03-2016, 08:18 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by HarryD
Originally Posted by B serious' timestamp='1475547958' post='24076128

Good Lord, you didn't even read any of what I said.

You have a MY00 and never spun it? Great! You're either up on all the steady-state things I mentioned (tires/tread/etc.) [as you should be], haven't driven in adverse conditions enough (standing water, debris, oil), or haven't done all of the above driving fast enough [too fast for the conditions, as some would say]. Good for you bud!
I understood your point. Your original post was thoughtful and well written.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:05 AM

:facepalm: snap oversteer.

It doesn't just happen out of nowhere. That's my point. You didn't even read what I said.

The car starts swapping ends because of something the driver did. If you don't know what you did, your goal should be to figure it out. Not pawn it off on "I had a early model car. it "snap oversteered". I need one with VSA. Then I can continue to drive like an oaf".
Old 10-04-2016, 10:10 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Just wanted to say that I'm just happy to be here.... Learning so much from all these professional drivers and strong opinions.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by pwrinxs
Just wanted to say that I'm just happy to be here.... Learning so much from all these professional drivers and strong opinions.
I know, right!