S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Lowering the drivers seat.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jvrabel,Oct 3 2006, 11:38 AM
Any pics of your install? I have the OEM security system as well and I'm thinking about getting the rails since I'm 6'5".
Unfortunately no. I would have to remove the seat and take some. If you can't figure it out, I will pull it and take some. PM me when you are ready.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:26 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

This thread needs to be bumped for the new folks here.

Dropping the seat makes the car fit us larger individuals much better.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:44 AM

Has anybody removed the humps in the cabin where the stock seats screw to the floor. I have some Sparco Pro 2000 and I want to use sliders but it has been too high with the methods I have tried so far. One of my buddies suggested cutting the humps out and then mounting the sliders to the floorboard using a steel bracket on the underside of the car.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=jvrabel,Oct 3 2006, 11:38 AM] Any pics of your install?
Old 05-16-2007, 08:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm thinking about doing this mod over the weekend and need a little clarification.

If I do everything except take out some of the seat cushion, I don't change the comfort of the seat, right? I don't want to sit lower but have the side bolsters ride up uncomfortably. I just need to sit 1 inch lower.

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2007, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by chuhsi,May 16 2007, 11:24 AM
I'm thinking about doing this mod over the weekend and need a little clarification.

If I do everything except take out some of the seat cushion, I don't change the comfort of the seat, right? I don't want to sit lower but have the side bolsters ride up uncomfortably. I just need to sit 1 inch lower.

Thanks!
you will change the way the side bolster and lumbar feel if you take out the cushion from the seat and even more if you lower the pan per the full mod. it won't be a drastic change so it may be ok. the leather in the seat will look a little bit loose too. Look back a few posts and you will see what I mean.
I'm still not sure if I am content with this myself after having done it myself.
I am thinking of starting fresh with a new seat pan and getting the bulletproof brackets.
Look back a few posts. I think the brackets go for 300 bucks in the bulletproof group buy.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:13 AM

good post thanks guys... looking to get the back yards soon. I had sparco rev full bucket seats in my old s2k and i got about 3 inches (im 6'4 200bls) fits great, but wanted to do that gangster lean thanks again for the info..
Old 08-01-2007, 05:53 PM

Installed my backyard seat rails today. With all of the info on these boards, it went easy. It is about an inch lower and my head is well below the roll bar. The lumbar support is somewhat higher, but still comfortable. I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam and can see the traffic lights under the top of the windshield now.
Its nice not to have to duck to see the lights now. I wasn't sure if 20mm would make any difference, but it does. IMO its worth the $$$
Old 08-01-2007, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by jlh7675,Aug 1 2007, 08:53 PM
Installed my backyard seat rails today. With all of the info on these boards, it went easy. It is about an inch lower and my head is well below the roll bar. The lumbar support is somewhat higher, but still comfortable. I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam and can see the traffic lights under the top of the windshield now.
Its nice not to have to duck to see the lights now. I wasn't sure if 20mm would make any difference, but it does. IMO its worth the $$$
Are you absolutely sure that the lumbar is lowered?
I was just pondering getting a new seat pan to undo the the seat lowering modification I did and then I was going to try this back yard rail option.
I thought that the back yard kid lowers the whole seat down. seat back and all unlike the manual seat lowering mod that lowers the seat pan but leaves the seat back higher up which means that the lumbar and side bolster support are a little uncomfortable.

Please, anyone that can shed light on this feel free to comment.
Thank you !
Old 08-01-2007, 08:25 PM

This rail lowers the entire seat. The lumbar area is in the same place with respect to the bottom cushion.

Quick Reply: Lowering the drivers seat.