S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Manchester Honda of CT SCRATCHED MY REAR WINDOW!!!!

Old 05-08-2001, 06:46 AM
Community Organizer

Received 91 Likes on 76 Posts

Now they are denying that it is their responsibility. This after I drove close to an hr to get the 1-2 grind and clutch re-done! I mean come on guys. We all know how hard it is to keep that rear window perfect and since Nov. 1999 I worked my butt off to keep it that way.

I give it to somebody to get work done to it....which I hate the thought of to begin with and it comes back damaged and "its not our responsibility
Old 05-08-2001, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try and speak with the service manager. Tell him the situation. Did someone wash the car while it was there?

If he doesn't want to listen to you, tell him that you will call american honda. Most managers don't want the head office on their back. There's a good chance he'll react. If not, let him know that you're going to small claims.

I work for an Acura service dept. We never want a problem. I hope your dealer has the same attitude. Good luck!
Old 05-08-2001, 06:54 AM

where are you getting the rear window tint? $$? works well?

good luck with your claim. try to do it on tv if you can on judge judy or something. more s2000 airtime.
Old 05-08-2001, 06:56 AM

Originally posted by mistersleepy

...I work for an Acura service dept. We never want a problem. I hope your dealer has the same attitude. Good luck!

One more reason I wish the S2000 was an Acura.
Old 05-08-2001, 07:00 AM

Originally posted by William
Originally posted by mistersleepy

...I work for an Acura service dept. We never want a problem. I hope your dealer has the same attitude. Good luck!

One more reason I wish the S2000 was an Acura.
Your car does not have to be an Acura to take it to Acura for service, I have met service departments at Mercedes that are not as good as the service at a kia dealer. it is all dependent on the dealer / service relationship you have.

If you wanted this car to be an Acura, then you obviously know nothing about the heritage and development of the Whole S line up from 60s to present.

Just my 3 yen.
Old 05-08-2001, 07:06 AM
Community Organizer

Question.....should I go to American Honda first or to Small Claims? I probably should head to the top of Honda and put some pressure on the dealership first to just Warrantee it and if that falls through then take it to court!

More time to prepair my case! This one isn't just gonna die easily!
Old 05-08-2001, 07:17 AM

Courts are for last resort. I would try all avenues with Honda first. By doing this you will also build a stronger case if you do go to court.
Old 05-08-2001, 07:37 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pinky
[B]Now they are denying that it is their responsibility. This after I drove close to an hr to get the 1-2 grind and clutch re-done! I mean come on guys. We all know how hard it is to keep that rear window perfect and since Nov. 1999 I worked my butt off to keep it that way.
Old 05-08-2001, 07:39 AM
Community Organizer

Originally posted by William
Courts are for last resort. I would try all avenues with Honda first. By doing this you will also build a stronger case if you do go to court.
Anybody have a high up person that I can call? Or should I work my way up by just calling for the 1-800 of American Honda.

I am documenting everything I do and what is said. I am going to get a new rear window! Flash forward 9 months....Pinky is still saying the same thing. I am wondering if they will just say ok well this is a one time courtesy replacement. Because it was a dealerships fault. Though I guess I could cash in my chips early and go all out with tint to protect it ASAP! Wonder if I could get the plastic window before its installed take it to my local tinter and have him put like 1 layer of tint on each side before it even gets installed!?! That would make sure that it was flawless and that it dosen't get F-ed up!
Old 05-08-2001, 07:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pinky, talk to the service manager, then the general manager, then go to the district level and talk to the district service manager. You start talking court, they stop talking at all...

Quick Reply: Manchester Honda of CT SCRATCHED MY REAR WINDOW!!!!