S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Miata upgrade to S2000?

Old 06-21-2006, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by angel,Aug 27 2002, 04:05 PM
I compare the miata to a nice sweet girl and the S to a $$$$$$ star.
Heck of a good analogy. Some of us, who have been around this forum a while remember 'Wendy' of wendysmovies.com. There was a real $$$$$$ artist who actual owned a Suzuka blue S2000.

My take: Even a simple, routine run to the post office becomes an intense experience in the S2000. If you don't engage in extreme behavior, such as VTEC rpm clutch drops, the car is absolutely bulletproof in terms of reliability. And the gas mileage ain't bad. My worst knock on it is, be prepared to spend considerable $$ on routine tire replacement. But that's true of nearly all high performance cars.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cheesefries,Jun 20 2006, 07:52 PM
Yea abs, power steering, heavy, digital/power everything, an resevoir to controll your launching, 17 inch wheels, and a bigger exhuast then my dads 600hp bell air......thats a real man who doesent know what hes buying sports car. Anyways comming from someone who SOLD A MIATA TO BUY AN S2000 (but thankfully didnt) who actually has first hand experience can tell you that if you are truely a driving ENTHUSIEST and not someone who loves the 1320 then keep your REAL sports car then keep the Miata, believe me you wont regret it! And if you realy NEED extra hp A basic turbo kit will give you 170 wheel hp and that will be more then enough to keep up with the s2k guys....O i mean "Men"
When the real men add BPRs/Vortechs/Turbos...then what kind of competition is this chimp car going to give us?

heh...chimp car...
Old 06-21-2006, 08:43 AM
dmz

Originally Posted by cheesefries,Jun 20 2006, 07:52 PM
Yea abs, power steering, heavy, digital/power everything, an resevoir to controll your launching, 17 inch wheels, and a bigger exhuast then my dads 600hp bell air......thats a real man who doesent know what hes buying sports car. Anyways comming from someone who SOLD A MIATA TO BUY AN S2000 (but thankfully didnt) who actually has first hand experience can tell you that if you are truely a driving ENTHUSIEST and not someone who loves the 1320 then keep your REAL sports car then keep the Miata, believe me you wont regret it! And if you realy NEED extra hp A basic turbo kit will give you 170 wheel hp and that will be more then enough to keep up with the s2k guys....O i mean "Men"
So you never owned a S2000 and claim to have first hand experience on both cars? And no, a quick test drive does not count as first hand experience.

Both are great sports car that fulfills different needs. Miata is cheaper and more tossable but to make it a fun car you still need to spend some money in suspension and some performace bolt-on to make it a fun car while the S is pretty much a fun car right out of the box. If you can affor the S go for it and you will not reguet it.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:49 AM

I had a '91 and loved the thing. I still miss it and wouldn't mind buying it back heh...

They're pretty different animals. My Miata had KYB shocks, Eibach springs, and some great wheels and rubber and damn did that thing drive like a gokart. My S2k drives much more like an F1 car than a gokart.

I'm definitely happier with the S2000, but there are certain things the Miata did better. Mainly, the Miata was so incredibly tossable. You could just zoom around town like you're in a gokart, and in the S2000 you feel a bit more like you're aiming an F1 car. The Miata is less demanding on the driver, and better in snow (haven't driven my S2k in snow yet, but in rain it's definitely worse than the Miata).

Honestly, my '91 Miata was less than 1/4 the cost of my S and gave me at least 1/2 as much pleasure. When my friends ask me what cheap sports car to get, I always tell them that I think everyone should own a Miata at some point in their life. The car is too damn fun. And I think the new NC model ruined the Miata, it's not light enough or cheap enough...

But drive the S. I fell in love the first time I did, and I definitely think the S is a superior car, but it's not a gokart in the way the Miata is.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:58 PM

I had a 99 Miata and loved it dearly. The s2000 is all the Miata was except more refined with more power. I say go for it. I now drive a Mercedes and can honestly say I miss the the S. I am probalby going to be looking at getting another one soon as a weekend / toy car.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Night of the living thread.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:43 PM

So has anyone else been looking at the NC MX-5 lateley?
Old 08-16-2006, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by All In,Aug 17 2006, 01:43 AM
So has anyone else been looking at the NC MX-5 lateley?
its baaaaack (this thread I mean)
Old 08-17-2006, 04:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cheesefries,Jun 20 2006, 10:52 PM
Somebody's gettin' all hot-n-bothered by an ancient thread!

Regardless, this is a Honda S2000 site. There are plenty that have much respect for the Miata/MX-5 (I sure do ). But there are some that don't. :shurg:

Remember, drive what you like! Forget about what other people think!
Old 08-17-2006, 04:48 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Back again?
Anyboty heard of death with dignity?

Quick Reply: Miata upgrade to S2000?