S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Might get my 04 tomorrow, if I can make up my mind...

Old 11-27-2003, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Might get my 04 tomorrow, if I can make up my mind...

I have a Silverstone/Black coming to my local dealer in about 4 weeks, with my name on it. We have already worked out the numbers, now just waiting on the color I want. I have been bouncing between Silverstone and Suzuka forever it seems, but last week I decided against the Suzuka, and was set on waiting for my Silverstone.

However, it looks like the dealer got a new Rio in last week, and now I am seriously considering it. I have always liked yellow cars, just never thought of owning one. I have had a lot of silver cars, so now I am thinking maybe I should give the Rio a go. I have seen it in person once, and really liked all of the metal flake (or whatever it is) in the new yellow. Anyway, I think I am going to go tomorrow morning to talk to the salesman. If they did indeed get a brand spanking new Rio, with next to no miles on it, I may forego the Silverstone and go with the Rio.

Any input is appreciated.

This whole color choice thing is giving me an ulcer...
Old 11-27-2003, 05:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy the one you like most - I mean, really, what do you expect from us regarding something as personal as color choice? I like Silverstone, as I have never been a "look at me!" kind of person, so I forego purple (M3), fly yellow (Vette), or arrest me red (S2K and many others). I think the lines of the S2000 (and Japanese cars generally) favor light metallics, or dark solids like Berlina Black. But that is just my opinion - are you looking for technical reasons to make your decision? That is easy - Silverstone is the fastest since it refracts light in a manner which creates a virtual turbocharging effect by atmospheric pressurization/rarefaction effects.

Boxers or briefs? Blondes or brunettes? White wine or red?
Old 11-27-2003, 05:41 PM

First of all, it isn't metal flake in the paint, but pearl. Secondly, I've owned 2 silver cars, 2 whites, and 2 blacks. I wanted to be a bit different and went with the Spa yellow. I can tell you that I definitely made the right choice. Nothing quite stands out like a clean yellow pearl roadster IMO.
Old 11-27-2003, 05:46 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Go with your heart, asaj...

I'll only say that while I love Silverstone, it's the most common color on the car. Rio is brand new (thought it looks a heck of a lot like Spa). You'd be getting a color that's new for '04.

Your choice. Again, go with your heart. Don't compromise on the color.
Old 11-27-2003, 05:54 PM

the one most important advice i can give you is....
listen to your heart
belive me....
wiether its yellow or silver
they r both really cool
i would go with yellow because its more exlusive than the silverstone
but the silverstone is the 'original' color for the s, kinda like , the one that appears in the brouchers
both will look awsome
but go with what your heart is leaning towards
Old 11-27-2003, 05:54 PM

Yeah, I definitely know better than to ask for advice on something like color, when it's completely a personal choice. Following my gut is what got me to eliminate the blue from the equation, but I even question that choice from time to time.

I think I may just be tired of silver, and you are right, it is definitely the most common color on the S. Was thinking today, I will be trading in the boring 99 dark gray Accord for this, so why not go all out and get a color that screams sportscar? I think Rio might be that color, for me anyway.

Well, I am going to give the salesman a call tomorrow, to see if they do have a brand spanking just rolled off the truck new Rio. If that is the case, I am gonna go check it out, and see what I think of it.

I guess the bottom line is, no matter what color I end up getting, I am gonna love it, so it is really a win-win situation, just need to ____ or get off the pot.

Thanks for the input, and I will let you know what I end up doing.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:02 PM

Two reasons for not getting red:
1. Its a well known fact that red cars attract cops giving out tickets.
2. Over time, red does not keep its vibrant color well.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by Vector
Two reasons for not getting red:
1. Its a well known fact that red cars attract cops giving out tickets.
2. Over time, red does not keep its vibrant color well.
I don't know where you get these facts from, but if you take care of a car's paint. Then it will last. It doesn't matter if the car is red or NOT. If you think you won't get a ticket cause your car is yellow then you are wrong. For the matter of fact, regardless of the color on the s2k it attracts attention. Yes, brighter colors do stand out so the "chance" of getting a ticket increases. I think if you speed and drive reckless regardless of what color your car is your gonna get a ticket.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:57 PM

I went through this same debate when I was waiting for my Silverstone to get here. I knew from the getgo I wanted the red black interior, but then I went between silverstone and sebring. Then I saw Rio, and really felt for it. The I fell in love with red. And another dealer had an older black one that look marvelous. I even toyed around with a GP white and maybe even Suzuka.

The end result? Me waiting so long made my eyes wander, but once I went into the dealer when they off-loaded my silverstone, I knew it was for me. Sure I love all the other colors, but I went with my heart, and waited. I knew I made the right choice from that moment on.
Old 11-28-2003, 04:29 AM

Originally posted by Road Rage
I like Silverstone, as I have never been a "look at me!" kind of person, so I forego purple (M3), fly yellow (Vette), or arrest me red (S2K and many others).
I agree with AzNxKuKu, in that I believe anyone who owns an S is attracting attention, regardless of the color. So I don't believe that owning a flashy- colored car necissarily makes you an ego-maniac, but I do think it will catch a cops eye quicker than some of the toned-down colors.

Anyway, I am calling the salesman in about half an hour, to see what he has in stock, and I am going to go check them out to see if anything screams out to me.

Quick Reply: Might get my 04 tomorrow, if I can make up my mind...