S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

My first experience with Honda service

Old 09-22-2003, 02:44 PM

Received 3,818 Likes on 3,036 Posts
Default My first experience with Honda service

I brought my S in for its first oil change today. After talking to the service manager were I bought my car I didn't want to bring it there so after talking to a couple of other dealers I found one I was comfortable with. So far it has proven to be a good experience they let me talk to the tech who worked on my car and check the underside out while it was on the lift. The tech was very knowledgable about the S. I washed it when I got home and doublechecked everything and it looks good. When I pulled the dipstick it looked like there wasn't any oil on it but I doublechecked it a couple of times and it is just really clear. I figured after all the bitching I did about how awful the buying experience was I would give the Honda dealers credit here were it is due.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you received good service. You may want to check out this thread on the oil changes and double check that your service department used the right oil.

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=150995
Old 09-22-2003, 03:01 PM

Marcus that is a good point that you brought up about how could Honda void a warranty claim due to engine damage from using thin oil if you have proof that one of their dealers put the wrong oil in.
I made sure they put 10W30 in my car and it was Castrol GTX. The s.m. where I bought my car told me that Honda recomends 5W20 in all their cars, when I mentioned 10W30 he told me NOT to use it. This is why I didn't go there.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunetly.. I can't say the same....

The dealer bent over backwards to get me a nice deal... I was very pleased with them, but the service is HORRIBLE... RIDICULOUS.... I couldn't take the car home on the day I got it because it had not been PDI'd and there were no techs around that could do S2Ks... so they gave me a car from the lot and I took IT home for the night... they promised me that my car would be ready the next morning at 7:30 to pick up since I lived so far and all that (for you CA people, I live in Temecula and work in Corona, but I bought the car in Downy) I got there at 6:30... at 7:30 the car had not even been TOUCHED... I asked the service writers, they said that they didn't have anybody to PDI the car because the techs were not it yet, so I asked what time are they supposed to be in... they said 7:30, this was at 7:45 and not a tech in site ANYWHERE... at 8... some techs came in... sat around FOREVER and did shit, I went to the service writers and said that Im already late to work, my wife is late for school.. I need MY CAR NOW! they sat around like idiots that didn't give a , so then I went to them again, and screamed at them and FINALLY there was some type of movement. My car was taken to the back, THE SALES PERSON HAD TO BE THE ONE TAKING THE STICKERS AND ALL THAT OFF because NOBODY was doing it... 45 minutes later WITHOUT a wash, my car was "ready". It was now roughly 9am... then they ran everywhere and came back with freshly cut key since they couldn't find the second key to the car... they said that I had to come back to have it programmed... I left pissed as ... over an hour late for work, and my wife was super late for school too.

So I went back last saturday to have the key programmed... I took it in at 7:56AM... they said that its usually by appointment only but that it wouldn't be a problem... I asked how long it would take.. they said about an hour... cool... so I went to the dealer for a while came back at 9AM... car was still in the same spot the put it at... needless to say I was upset... at about 8:20, a customer came in with an Odyssey for an oil change and check the tires and what not... he also didn't have an appointment (I know because I asked)... I started to talk to that guy and we talked the whole time I was waiting.... interestingly enough, my car was taken in AFTER his, and his was done by 10:20, and mine by 10:30.... FOR A JOB THAT WAS ESTIMATED AT 1 HOUR.

I just noticed last night, that the valet key is not programmed either... I gave the tech ALL the keys to the car, and they didn't bother to check either during PDI or during this service call

This service needless to say, is absolutely HORRIBLE... I can't stand it... especially for a car of this price. I have been VERY dissapointed with it...
Old 09-22-2003, 03:06 PM

Wow, he said that? Funny how the Honda manual says 10W-30 for the S2000... I don't blame you for going elsewhere.

I know my Accord uses 5W-30, not 5W-20, that s.m. is loaded.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jsalicru
This service needless to say, is absolutely HORRIBLE... I can't stand it... especially for a car of this price.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:13 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 3ngin33r1
Wow, he said that?
Old 09-22-2003, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, I do my own servicing most of the time, and although I was annoyed by the fact that I couldn't drive my car home after spending hours at the dealer working a deal out, I wasn't extremely pissed at that part. I just get annoyed when I get put in the back burner, if you will... I dont think it should be the respect that a customer should get especially a customer that whipped out a considerable amount of money for their car.... at least in honda standards..

Would their service stop me from enjoying my motorcycle with a top and four wheels... NO!!!

I bought it and love it... its the little things that happen that just get to you some times...
Old 09-22-2003, 03:19 PM

jsalicru if I were you I would go right to the salesmanager and tell him what you have been thru so far and tell him that you want it all straightened out. This dosen't mean go in screaming and yelling but politely explain your situation to the salesmanager in general. I know how you feel I would never even consider buying another new Honda as the purchasing process was the worst buying experience I ever had. And in addition I have to go to a diffrent dealer to get good service because the one dealer I found that would give me a good deal dosen't know anything about servicing my car. It's too bad Honda can't get its act together.
Anyways just be persistant and keep going to the top until you get results, it's true what they say the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:34 PM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

See if you can find out who the district rep is for Honda in that area. I had to do this with Toyota once.
Trust me it brings results..........

Quick Reply: My first experience with Honda service