S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

My parents' cat pissed on my seat....

Old 07-19-2006, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would buy or find another seat entirely - I never got the cat piss smell completely out of my leather couches(ex wife's beastie) This way you know the smell will be of new leather and not new "wee-wee"...
Old 07-19-2006, 07:21 PM

Received 223 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by jah,Jul 19 2006, 10:26 PM
serious: clean up the situation now, take the seat out etc. you will regret not doing it for years.

Seriously,

Step 1: Remove the passenger seat from the car. It's 4 bolts with a socket, ratchet, and an extension. You will immediately remove the vast majority if not all of the odor. Do this immediately and it will allow you all the time you need to deal with the seat (well, as long as you don't need to carry a passenger).

Step 2: Take stock of what you are dealing with. A little bit of cat piss can go a long way creating a stink. A lot of cat piss can be pervasive. This will also give you a chance to check out the seat cover attachment. I may be wrong, but I thought the seat covers were put on with hog rings and that you would probably need hog ring pliers to put it back on. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, a lot of piss will require removing the seat cover and cushion. At that point you will need to decide whether to disassemble yourself or take it to an auto upholstery shop.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by S2k Dude,Jul 19 2006, 04:48 PM
The cat didn't do this to spite you.
you pissed that cat off before! My cat used to $hit on my roommate's records after he threw her on the roof

[QUOTE=Red_Devil,Jul 19 2006, 05:08 PM] especially they screaming for sex at midnight
Old 07-19-2006, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CeleSaga83,Jul 19 2006, 03:51 PM
I'm not harming the cat. But, all this anger really isn't healthy for me.
I'm glad you're not vengeful towards the cat, and I agree the anger probably isn't good for you.

I think there are professional cleaning products specifically for cat urine. Maybe try Google or even Autopia. I don't know how difficult it would be to disassemble a seat, but I know I wouldn't want to try and put one back together. Taking the seat out for cleaning shouldn't be too tough. Do you have the book? http://download.honda-fanatics.nl/manual/A...ce%20Manual.zip
Good luck.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:10 PM

Cats suck!
Old 07-19-2006, 08:29 PM

you should sell the car and move out
Old 07-19-2006, 08:50 PM

this happened to me long time ago on my old mitsu mirage w/ cloth seats. I sprayed the area with lysol and after a while, the smell disappeared. not sure if that would work on leather though.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by CeleSaga83,Jul 19 2006, 03:26 PM
I smelled it and knew it was cat piss right away. I washed it with water and leather cleaner but smell wont go away. I dunno what to do. Should I kill the cat?
Have any Asian friends ?

It will never happen to you again. But then I could never understand why people have cats as pets, or for that matter dogs too, it seems like a PITA with all the maintenance to keep them alive.

Wife and I just got home from dinner at a upscale outdoor mall . A couple of Metros were annoying me in the outdoor waiting area with their damn dog (why would you bring a fvcking dog to a mall) ?The damn dog came near me one time too many and I told the guy and his f_g hag to keep the dog away from me or I would take a penalty kick with it as the ball. My wife ran over with part of our dinner group to let them know I would do it and then take a kick at Metro boy

Long story short no goal for me. And the food sucked too

I think Griot's Garage has a product you can use on their web-site to fix the smell.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:05 PM

Hey, here's a good excuse to change to Bride seats!

Now, I just need to find a cat, can you ship yours over?
Old 07-19-2006, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by ghoonk,Jul 19 2006, 10:05 PM
Hey, here's a good excuse to change to Bride seats!

Now, I just need to find a cat, can you ship yours over?
k.. i will try to kick as hard i can.. where are you.. east, west?

Quick Reply: My parents' cat pissed on my seat....