S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Need some Help fellow owners

Old 07-15-2001, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some Help fellow owners

Just bought a red 00 s2000. Plan to buy the veilside kit along with some wheels. What difference in acceleration will I notice (if any) putting a large 18" on thje car?? What light weight rim options do I have besides Volk. The waiting list is too long. Can you chrome volks?? Does anyone know of low compression pistons that fit my car. And would it boost my power with the comptech supercharger?? Which exaust sounds nice, weighs alot less than the stock one and actually has a proven improvement in horsepower?? Who knows the weights of the seats?? What else can I strip from the car to lighten it up????Anyone interested in a group buy for superchargers,exausts, gear products???
Cameron
Old 07-15-2001, 04:34 PM

The lightest exhaust is the Amuse, and it also has the most hp gains. However, it is a single outlet design and is supposedly very loud. Also, if you're trying to drop as much weight as possible from the car, I wouldn't suggest getting chrome rims.
Old 07-15-2001, 04:39 PM

How much weight will I add with a set of chrome rims??? How much of a horsepower gain comes from the amuse?? What other exausts are good. Comptech,HKS,Mugen, Any titanium models.
Thanx
Old 07-15-2001, 04:56 PM

i'd suggest you do a search on the topic on this board. there has been a huge amount of discussion (as you might imagine) about these topics.

in simple summary...
- few if any exhausts give significant increases in HP. those that do are usually both single (as opposed to double) very expensive and loud. the ones most commonly evaluated are Amuse and Spoon. in most cases (HKS, Comptech, etc.) there is no increase in HP (or an increase that is within the range of error of a Dyno).
- there is a good chart of wheel weight comparisons floating around. if you want to lose weight then going with 18" chrome wheels isn't a great idea (suggest looking at the Spoon 16" wheels instead).

an even more simple summary would be to note that, unlike other Hondas (excepting the NSX of course) the S2K is hand made and rather well tuned. getting more HP out of it tends to require thinking a lot (as opposed to applying the usual Civic/Integra cheap and easy tricks - which don't work with this car).
Old 07-16-2001, 07:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chrome will add to the unsprung weight of your car, thus robbing massive amounts of power. Crome 18s weigh arround 40pounds, while 18 Volks weigh about 15 pounds, BIG difference. 17 or 18 Volks are the way to go so that they are bigger than stock, I have a good contact for this kind of thing that can give you great prices, if you need it let me know. Comptech SC is good for about 6psi, but I would wait for a good tubo kit, or do what I am doing and spend a ton and get a sweet NA motor build up, It is much more fun that way IMHO. Seats weigh about 25 pounds. Lighter ones are available from Spoon and Mugen, but cost a ton. Be careful what you get as far as seats, as most aftermarket are too wide. Mugen and Amuse exhausts are light, and expensive. I like the HKS for sound, but it is not much lighter than stock. The Spoon is awesome, though I have not herd it in person. Remove the spare tire and tools to reduce some weight free of charge. Everything else you do to reduce weight costs tons of cash, for minimal reductions. Keep the unsprung weight (brakes, tires, wheels, A arms, suspension) light and this will give you great improvements for handling and acceleration. You will not need GBs on most of this stuff as the list of sponsors will carry this gear at the lowest prices already. You will find that GBs will only save you a few bucks on the Japaneese stuff(Spoon etc.)as it is soooo expensive to get here, that is if you can find enough people for the GB. Hope this helps
Mark