S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Northern owners- wait for clean streets?

Old 04-26-2018, 09:35 AM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

I think that we're all fortunate that not everyone wants to live in the same place. I've lived in enough locations to know that I much prefer having four seasons. But then I've got lots of other things going on in my life other than just driving the S around. Here's hoping that clean streets arrive sooner rather than later for you guys located in harsher climates.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:37 AM

Received 1,203 Likes on 933 Posts

There is a lot of fun stuff to do in winter, so I do enjoy it. Plus, if I could keep the car hobby going year round I would go broke! But then again, I snowboard all winter so I probably spend as much on that.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:23 PM

Received 1,568 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by GuthNW
I think that we're all fortunate that not everyone wants to live in the same place. I've lived in enough locations to know that I much prefer having four seasons. But then I've got lots of other things going on in my life other than just driving the S around. Here's hoping that clean streets arrive sooner rather than later for you guys located in harsher climates.
You can have the four seasons too. 1 1/2 hours to some of the thickest snow in the Sierras (Soda Springs near Donner Pass) Then you have spring. I might add I don't like driving the S on snowy streets with Pilot Super Sports but I was trapped for this shot. Took me six tries just to get it into the parking spot here it was so slippery.

Tioga Pass, first day it opened in the Spring.

Winter Soda Springs

Spring Day Lassen National Park
Old 04-26-2018, 05:52 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Okay, I'll be a bit more direct — I've also spent enough time in California to know that I have no interest in living there, lol.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:04 PM

Received 244 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by treimche
Some day I will take my S2000 on a long trip and rip up the Pacific Coast Highway. That sounds wonderful.
If any make it out to N. Calif be sure to take Hwy 36, Gods gift to motorcyclist/car enthusiast.

ROD
Old 04-27-2018, 07:12 AM

Received 1,263 Likes on 955 Posts

might go get mine this weekend.

but...I'm betting there is 1 more snow left in this season.

The risk:
if it snows, I will have to clean snow off of my DD because it will be parked in the driveway. But only half of the car...because I can park under my balcony.

maybe I'll just wait til June.

I'm not gonna stand out there brushing snow off my car like a slave.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:12 AM

My next move in life will most likely be right in the dead center or close to it. AKA Kansas City. Main reasons:

Family is in NE OK and are getting older ... need to be close to them, but have no interest in moving back to NE OK
Need a city with plenty of jobs in my field, aka KC
KC is a small enough city that I can live further out and still not go crazy with traffic (someone from KC will chime in about traffic .. trust me, try out Minneapolis for a bit .:P )
I can get to CO to go snowboarding easier. I wont have the smaller hills I can get to in an hour or two like here in MN, but can justify more trips to CO, even driving there, from KC
Can come visit people in the twin cities with a 6.5 hour drive (hell. maybe even get to Lutsen for a week in the winter! )
Maybe hit more events in Lincoln than just spring nats and nats.
Other job and financial reasons

But ... I will give up a little of the 4 seasons moving there, but the nicer spring is a bonus!

Main point is, I grew up in OK/KS and love the hot, long summers. I thought the same as some others when I first moved to MN 14 years ago: "crap, this winter thing is going to blow". I now find myself sad to think we will likely leave here soon, and part of that is, believe it or not, the winter. I have actually grown to really enjoy the winter, even when not snowboarding. I like the outdoors and I like observing weather events, so it has grown on me a lot. That was surprise to be honest. If we could just have it go from winter straight to 75 degrees in Feb then it would be more tolerable!

At some point in life, when we no longer have a reason to be closer to OK, I am really leaning towards CO. Great mix of all the things I like, good snowboarding, good driving, great hiking, etc. Then I can still get my snow fix when I want it in the winter.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:13 AM

Received 1,568 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by rrounds
If any make it out to N. Calif be sure to take Hwy 36, Gods gift to motorcyclist/car enthusiast.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.2...a=!4m2!4m1!3e0

ROD
Have done that route going up to the Oregon coastal route Hwy 1. Was delayed a bit for road repair/dirt slide problems. Also Hwy 299 is great too. Stop at the "Strawhouse" for a nice break and food, on the Trinity River.

Further up in Oregon is Tillamook and DeGarde Brewery that does natural yeast beer. Former Naval Air Station Tillamook with old blimp hangers. Keep going up to Fort Richardson.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by B serious
might go get mine this weekend.

but...I'm betting there is 1 more snow left in this season.

The risk:
if it snows, I will have to clean snow off of my DD because it will be parked in the driveway. But only half of the car...because I can park under my balcony.

maybe I'll just wait til June.

I'm not gonna stand out there brushing snow off my car like a slave.

NOOOO! There will be no more this season!
Old 04-27-2018, 10:15 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,918 Posts

Originally Posted by rrounds
Thats why I love California, never had to put a car or motorcycle into storage. Drive/ride all year, feel sorry for all who have to part with their toys for months at a time.

ROD
I actually don't mind putting it away for 6+ months, means every Spring you get a new car...sorta. It also makes you appreciate it a bit more when it's time. I doubt highly I'd still have the S after 13 years if I had driven it daily, plus it would have a ton more miles on it.

Quick Reply: Northern owners- wait for clean streets?