S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Official S2000 CR Owners Thread Part II

Old 11-15-2009, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ i agree with that
Old 11-15-2009, 09:13 PM

Newly purchased 08 GPW delete pckg CR sits outside in the snow. -15f outside. Thinking of summer and wondering if any CR owners have found a spring with similar rates as the CR which would allow a 1" drop? Hard not to like a bit of a drop....
Old 11-15-2009, 09:17 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by AK S2KCR,Nov 15 2009, 10:13 PM
Newly purchased 08 GPW delete pckg CR sits outside in the snow. -15f outside. Thinking of summer and wondering if any CR owners have found a spring with similar rates as the CR which would allow a 1" drop? Hard not to like a bit of a drop....
there was a brief discussion about this, but we haven't heard from the ones who said they were looking into this. so far, no news..

it was in the cr owners thread part 1.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:26 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Same, as far as I know they never came through with the custom springs and.... there aren't any commercially made that match our rates

On a side note, I finally have a few of the pics from a photoshoot that we had when I drove down to LA.

I love my car...and all the great friendships that have come from it, as I'm sure all of you guys can attest to.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a used GPW CR at Irvine BMW.

Went to go look at it as a potential car for a friend...

Previous Mods:

intake
header
exhaust
cooling duct/plate

Missing OEM parts:

exhaust (replaced with AP2 stock)
CR wheels (replaced with AP1 stockies, curbed, and with 30 dollar tires)
cooling shroud (front thing that goes on the 'top' of the bumper at the front of the plate)

roughly ~13k miles

Took it for a spin and it was in good condition mechanically....
Old 11-15-2009, 09:42 PM

Thumbs down

Thanks for the spring info. Hard to believe there isn't a simple spring swap a guy can do to a CR, retain handling characteristics, and enjoy a slight drop in ride height. Hate to incur the cost and risk going backwards with coilovers. I guess I can live with the ride height given what the car was designed to do, it's ability to keep the rear planted... especially considering our crap roads up here in Alaska.

Btw, nice photo shoot pics.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:04 PM

Thank you. Post some pics of your new addition up
Old 11-15-2009, 10:33 PM

No images near as nice as yours!! Found my CR on ebay at a dealer in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Shipped it up here and had major issue getting paperwork. The car didn't even have temp dealer tags when it arrived on the boat.... thus all my running around was at night with no plates..... so.... really not much of a chance for images. Odometer still under 500. I was playing a bit with wing vs. no wing and took photos of both. The wing is right on the CR. Just seems to scare some folks. Too many bad wings out there......

Any thoughts on a slightly taller tire with a stiff sidewall to take up wheel well space? I know it's counterintuitive to increase sidewall height, but?? Would one size taller be too much of a penalty in weight, create possible rub in hard cornering, etc.?

Anyone have any idea how many new CR's are still the dealer network? Even in this economy the car is a heck of a value.

Wing, vs. no wing? hmmm....

You decide.....

Old 11-15-2009, 10:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lowering the car messes with the entire geometry of the suspension =[

Believe me, I wish the car sat lower for looks, but after I run circles around people on onramps, I forget about how it looks and just drive it =P

@ ilevelthal86: Damn the car looks SLAMMED on the last pic. Lighting trick? xP
Old 11-15-2009, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by psychoazn,Nov 16 2009, 12:34 AM
Lowering the car messes with the entire geometry of the suspension =[

Believe me, I wish the car sat lower for looks, but after I run circles around people on onramps, I forget about how it looks and just drive it =P

@ ilevelthal86: Damn the car looks SLAMMED on the last pic. Lighting trick? xP
It definitely is a lighting trick. You are right, I wish it could sit lower for the looks, but messing with the suspension is something I'm not ready to start. It is set up great for performance.

Leave the wing ON. The CR is a special car man, especially the rarity of the GPW. My vote (which this was debated a little while back ) is to definitely leave it on.

I also wonder about a slightly taller tire. I wouldn't think that would have any negatives. Anyone else have an opinion?

Quick Reply: Official S2000 CR Owners Thread Part II