S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Photos of installed one-piece Muz floor mats and more impressions

Old 02-24-2001, 06:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I revived this very old post today because a few people had made requests to see the photos of the mats and swapped out (black for red) stock carpet sections in my car, which has a red interior. Please note that Muz has since come out with a high-luxury version of his one piece mats, which have a pile of equal quality to the Auco (German) three piece mats. Also, the information in this post and the linked one is somewhat dated, so don't take it literally. For example, I have no idea whether the MG Racing or HMS mats are still available.

I installed the one-piece Mats in my car this morning. Photos and impressions follow. See this previous post for impressions of other mats features: http://www.s2000online.com/forums/showthre...77346#post77346

Fit in the car

They are a very snug (even tight)fit, particularly on the passenger side. These mats will not slip around simply because they fit so tightly against the side walls and have such a stiff backing. The fit on the passenger side means that you have to work to get the front of the mat far enough up into the front of the foot well to ensure that the part that goes over the hump is in the right position. Because of the compound curves on the passenger side around the hump, the mats didn
Old 02-24-2001, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick, thanks for the nice pics and excellent review. I think the Muz mats look great (and far less bulky than the 3-piece ones). Can't wait to get mine installed.
Old 02-24-2001, 07:33 AM

Thanks again Rick for a great job of illustrating the differences in mats...once last question -

The logo. What is it embroidered on? It almost seems like the letter/numbers are on a piece of leather.
Old 02-24-2001, 08:07 AM
STL

Thanks for the detailed comparo, but you didn't mention anything about the color of Muz's mats and how it compared (and blended) with the color of the OEM carpet. If you had it to do over again, would you get the black mats again or try Muz's carcoal color (and why)? Thanks again!

I wonder if Muz's S2000 logo (on the passenger mat) might look better simply moved to the right so it's not on that hump (by hump I don't mean crossmember). I think it should stay on the crossmember, but be moved toward the passenger door to an area where it won't wrinkle up.
Old 02-24-2001, 08:30 AM

STL, I have to agree with you on the pasenger logo positioning....raising it above the crease would work aswell so it could stay centered.
Old 02-24-2001, 08:58 AM

Excellent job Rick!!!! I am sure I speak for a great number of us on this board when I say we really appreciate the time and effort you put in to illustrating the difference between the Muz and 3-piece mat sets.

I must say, I was giving consideration to the 3-piece style, but after seeing your pics and reading your review, it's definately Muz Mats for me!!

I am assuming the one's you got have the crossbrace logo positioning? I was considering this, but may opt for the center positioning to avoid the wrinkling effect.

Anyway, thanks Rick and thanks Muz for putting out what appears to be another quality S2K product. My S2K is on order (silver/red) and is not due in until April but I am going to start purchasing my mods early to help ease the anticipation pains!!! Next step, Rick's Console Cover!!!
Old 02-24-2001, 08:59 AM

Is the passenger mat too wide? It looks like the left side of it rides up a bit on the center hump.
Old 02-24-2001, 09:49 AM
Former Sponsor

tmkarab,

The logo appears to embroidered on some heavy fabric which is then sewn onto the mat. It looks very durable.

STL,

The black mat is darker than the Honda characoal carpet, but the difference is not great. I don't know if Muz's characoal will match better. If I had to do it over, I'd proabably try the characoal.

exNSX,

It's a very tight fit side to side, which I'm sure Muz did deliberately. You have to jam the edge into the side at that point, which I didn't spend a lot of time doing. But the tight fit will make the sides stay in place and in a week or two, I'm sure it will settle in.

All,

If the cross brace it where you want to put the logo, I'd position it anywhere on the brace but in the center. To the right of center toward the door would probably be best.

[Edited by Rick Hesel on 02-24-2001 at 10:53 AM]
Old 02-24-2001, 12:29 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rick Hesel
[B]Because of the compound curves on the passenger side around the hump, the mats didn
Old 02-24-2001, 02:06 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Work of art MUZ! Thanks for the outstanding review Rick and your continued flow of S2K knowledge.....

Quick Reply: Photos of installed one-piece Muz floor mats and more impressions