S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Please help! I'd like your opinions.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What color is your AP1? Could have ketchup and mustard

I wanted at least red carpets and red center console when I was looking for mine to buy and those are pretty easy to change out... It's been 3 years and I still haven't had time to do it :/ it bothers me every time I drive having all black interior, it bores me I guess. I just really want a red carpet
Old 05-06-2015, 06:00 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

get both

Attachment 180255

For the street I'd say ap2, ap1 makes a great track toy though.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

get the ap2!
Old 05-06-2015, 11:59 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

AP2.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW.......I ordered a new 04,but a Suz Blue 03 came in and I bought it instead.For me,the AP1 is more of an uncivilized car....the AP2's are more smooth and civilized.I like uncivilized plus the 9k blush mark is something to be encouraged.

Love my 03.Now has 102K miles.

\rlr
carolina
Old 05-07-2015, 06:57 AM

Get the ap2, swap the seats and the carpet, it's super easy, and parts are readily available since most are black. I like the 2.2 with the ability to Flashpro so I don't think you should be turned away due to the color of the interior
Old 05-07-2015, 08:13 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for all the replies and the opinions! This really helped me think of things that I wouldn't have thought of.

The blue ap1 interior does bother me a little, but I think it is mainly because I haven't gotten used to it. My current ap1 has full black interior and this morning on my way to work I was imagining it all blue. I think it will grow on me. And honestly, the biggest selling point for the ap1, at least for me, is the mileage. 20k miles! Not to mention how uncivilized it is compared to the ap2. Maybe the difference isn't as drastic as it really is but there's just something about first gen s2000's.

As for the ap2, I love everything about it. I understand that having 45k miles on an 06 is still super low for its age, but the mileage on the ap1 just keeps reeling me in. I just wish Honda still produced the s2000 so I could buy a brand new one. Maybe I'm just too obsessed with these cars... hahah.

The cars are still at the dealership, and I'm thinking about putting one of them on hold either this afternoon, or tomorrow. I plan on going turbo with whichever one I choose, but I want to make sure I know the pros and cons of boosting an ap1 vs ap2 etc. This will not be my first turbo car so I'm not worried as much with the setup as I am about the blocks, heads, tranny, and especially the rear end.

Any advice on this would be REALLY appreciated!
Thanks again everybody, this is a huge help.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:36 AM

Going turbo? Easy, get the 06. Flash Pro.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:13 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for all the input again everybody! I had some one on one time yesterday with the ap2, and I like it. (06 with 45k miles, one owner). I'm still gravitating to the ap1 as time goes on... every time i drive my s2000 I imagine it with blue interior and low mileage and I think I could really get used to that.

One last question, and I think this may be really important: Should I be concerned about how little the ap1 was driven and used over time? I'm worried that due to how little it was used over time may have dried up some seals and may spring leaks, or even suspension bushings and joints may be deteriorating due to lack of use. Kinda like how they say if a car sits a long time, take it out for a quick ride every once in awhile to keep things circulating and lubricated.

Any thoughts on that? Thanks everybody!
Old 05-08-2015, 09:29 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by The Prophet.
The blue ap1 interior does bother me a little, but I think it is mainly because I haven't gotten used to it.
The blue interior is actually one of the reasons I bought my Suzuka. The all black interiors have no depth or detail to them. The blue interior has enough black components to it that you appreciate the details more.

Quick Reply: Please help! I'd like your opinions.