S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Poor paint quality on S

Old 10-05-2006, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I to just accept the fact that the paint job on our S2K is below average? The paints chips I have are mostly located below the side skirts. They aren't small chips---the largest being 3/4". It seems like the paint just peeled off.

Has anyone here have similar situation (not referring to chipping, but referring to peeling )?

I don't have any other chips that I'm aware of except for the lower part of the side skirts.

Anyhow, I'm taking my S to the dealer. Not sure what they'll tell me but I still can't believe that my Volvo and Tacoma which go through a much tougher driving situation don't have chips like the ones I have with the S.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:56 PM

^ They'll pretty much tell you to get over it, albeit in kinder words. I wouldn't waste their time.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by umop-apisdn,Oct 5 2006, 01:56 PM
^ They'll pretty much tell you to get over it, albeit in kinder words. I wouldn't waste their time.
I would give it a shot. I had my car repainted under warranty last fall for similar reasons. At first they gave me the "If it is the same as other S2000s, than it is normal for the car"

Just keep pushing. Document everything. I had my paint thickness measured all over the car and presented that to them, letters from my detailer, etc. I am also in the car business and was able to show them how much thinner my paint was than other cars. If the service manager wont budge, schedule a meeting with the district manager, then keep going up the ladder, also make sure you start with a complaint to Honda corporate. When they finally relented, they told me it was because "they got the impression that I wasnt going to go away..."

Mabye mine was a special case, but squeak and mabye someone will grease. Good luck.