S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Public Parking Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Public Parking Thread

I am curious cause i used to park normal, not away from any cars.
I was hopping being that the s2000 is so nice that people would be cautous not to hit it.
After 3 months someone dinged my car, so now i park far away as i can. This frustrates everyone that rides with me but are we that lazy we cant walk 20 extra seconds from the bottom of a lot? Whats your story? Do you just risk it or do you park away?
Old 09-30-2010, 08:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I park in the back of all parking lots, unless its a small one with no spots left. I try to stay at least 4 parking spots away from any other ones because people like to park between cars for some reason, even when there are tons of spots open. I havent had any door dings or anything yet, so I must be doing pretty good. Plus I sit here on my A$$ at work all day, so walking doesnt bother me. It does piss me off when i'm far away one one a-hole will park right beside me.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:36 AM

Does anyone double park at the bottom of the lot? i would think that would draw negative attention
Old 09-30-2010, 08:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do see quite a few people double park but I dont do it, even at the back of the lot. People here will park beside you on purpose since they know you did that to keep away from cars.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:41 AM

I park on the side of my building at work, partly because it's shaded most of the day and also to avoid people parking next to me. When I'm at other places, like the grocery store, I park away from the other cars. I also find that if I just happen to spot another S in the lot I try to park near them.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By a curb is good and is what I usally do if not, far away from other cars. Park on a high side (drainage) if there are a chance of carts hitting your car.

If you have to park next to someone, four door is better than two (door length), and on passenger side. I fold in the mirror to raise awareness to other people to be careful around the car.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by egvtec,Sep 30 2010, 11:26 AM
I am curious cause i used to park normal, not away from any cars.
I was hopping being that the s2000 is so nice that people would be cautous not to hit it.
After 3 months someone dinged my car, so now i park far away as i can. This frustrates everyone that rides with me but are we that lazy we cant walk 20 extra seconds from the bottom of a lot? Whats your story? Do you just risk it or do you park away?
Parking far away still does not work. I cannot count how many times I will park far away and walk out of store with some goddamn idiot parked right next to me. I've started taking pictures.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by egvtec,Sep 30 2010, 08:36 AM
Does anyone double park at the bottom of the lot? i would think that would draw negative attention
I would never do this. A few months ago I went to a restaurant for takeout and three 350z's were lined up parked sideways taking up 4 or 5 spots. When I came back out, someone had keyed "U R"-"D"-"BAGS" across them...
Old 09-30-2010, 09:37 AM

I park in corner spots away from cars. I've come out to my car a few times and found an a-hole or two parking next to me even with the lot being pretty empty.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by UmarS2K,Sep 30 2010, 09:37 AM
I park in corner spots away from cars. I've come out to my car a few times and found an a-hole or two parking next to me even with the lot being pretty empty.
Wait for them to come out! lol

Just kidding. I do not endorse confrontation over something like that.

I park in the corner spot at work and hug the drivers side line because no one parks to that side. This gives me an extra couple of feet.

In general I avoid parking under trees because birdcrap probably isn't good for the top.

At stores I'm not overly anal about parking far out, but places like walmart I am.

Quick Reply: Public Parking Thread