S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

recommendations for mods

Old 08-21-2007, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recommendations for mods

can anyone give me advice on what kind of mods would i be able to make and keep my car street legal?

I currently have an intake but am thinking of adding some more mods that can increase my torque and hp.

will changing my throttle body with my intake make it illegal? how about exhausts?

anyone willing to chime in???
tony
Old 08-22-2007, 01:04 PM

it may or it may not. but im more sure that it may not pass coz ull be gettin more air in the car.. i suggest that you get a 4.56 final gears, flywheel and heavy duty pressure plate and u can use the oem disc or a slightly modified one..it depend on ur choice. this mod i was suggesting has nothing to do with the emission of the car but will yield you are very much spirited driving especially with the final gears.. you will love it....final gears doesnt give you power but makes ur car go way faster than ur stock and the clutch will help you put the power to the ground, lighten flywheel will make ur car spin much freely... but u wont have any emission problem with this....

u have to sacrifice a little bit of the comfort that you have (just a little bit)....if u want a faster car you always have to sacrifice the comfort a little bit....thats just how it works most of the time.

do a search on final gears, and clutch and flywheel upgrade, but i suggest a 4.56 gears, act flywheel and act pressure plate and clutch disc...this is what i have and i love it, slightly stiffer clutch but very driveable, i drive my car 80miles a day goin to work and back for the past 2 years ive own it. also, slightly higher rpm when ur at 80mph with 4.56 geras.

4.56 gears=4600rpm at 80mph
4.10(stock gears)= 4200 at 80mph

if u wanna know how fast my car is right now.....i race my friend with an my04 s2k (mods=intake and full exhaust system with power neo dyno tuned)= i race him a head ups race i got him about 6 cars and, next race i gave him 4 car lengths and i still got him about a car or car and a half....im not saying that this the best mod for ur goal, but im sure final gears and clutch wont affect any emission or smog....
Old 08-22-2007, 02:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=jirro22,Aug 22 2007, 01:04 PM] it may or it may not. but im more sure that it may not pass coz ull be gettin more air in the car.. i suggest that you get a 4.56 final gears, flywheel and heavy duty pressure plate and u can use the oem disc or a slightly modified one..it depend on ur choice. this mod i was suggesting has nothing to do with the emission of the car but will yield you are very much spirited driving especially with the final gears.. you will love it....final gears doesnt give you power but makes ur car go way faster than ur stock and the clutch will help you put the power to the ground, lighten flywheel will make ur car spin much freely... but u wont have any emission problem with this....

u have to sacrifice a little bit of the comfort that you have (just a little bit)....if u want a faster car you always have to sacrifice the comfort a little bit....thats just how it works most of the time.

do a search on final gears, and clutch and flywheel upgrade, but i suggest a 4.56 gears, act flywheel and act pressure plate and clutch disc...this is what i have and i love it, slightly stiffer clutch but very driveable, i drive my car 80miles a day goin to work and back for the past 2 years ive own it. also, slightly higher rpm when ur at 80mph with 4.56 geras.

4.56 gears=4600rpm at 80mph
4.10(stock gears)= 4200 at 80mph

if u wanna know how fast my car is right now.....i race my friend with an my04 s2k (mods=intake and full exhaust system with power neo dyno tuned)= i race him a head ups race i got him about 6 cars and, next race i gave him 4 car lengths and i still got him about a car or car and a half....im not saying that this the best mod for ur goal, but im sure final gears
Old 08-23-2007, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by iam7head,Aug 22 2007, 02:20 PM
The amount/volume of air has nothing to do with it, it's the fact that most IHE mod has no carb'eo sticker. at least that's the drill in california.

how fast did you guy went? that's one of the most important varible in the race

suspension mod as long as the headlight is 20 inch off the ground, supercharger are smog legal, unless you talking about the japanese root supercharger for s2k
more air in and out in the engine affects the emission. epecially with a compete exhaust system.pls correct me if im wrong... i have intake and exhaust system also together with my drivetrain upgrades mentioned from my previous post but i had my air fuel ratio checked and it was showing that my car is running lean especially at wideopen throttle, and this is why i believe it IHE modification affects emission. anyway had the car dyno and it was 228whp and about 165-168tq--hoping ill get more torque due to a better final gear ratio but i was told that this is actually good for the S2000, and it really does feel way better( feeling like i can make more smoke when i do a burn out against a cobra mustang--you know what i mean).

anyway---when we race. it was a head up race from 0---over 100mph.
i took him from first all the way....i am not sure if our race was exactly 400 meters but im sure its pretty close...

1/4 mile best time i had was (CA speedway last april)=13.2=this is with 16x8 rota rims and nitto nt01 (245/50r16)

i tot i should share this coz im really hppy with this mod so much.