S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Repairable scratch? Yes? No? Damn Tow Driver

Old 03-19-2007, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repairable scratch? Yes? No? Damn Tow Driver

Hello everyone. Well yesterday I locked myself out of the car so I had to call AAA to come unlock the doors for me. 30 mins later a AAA tow truck driver comes and tries to jimmy the door open. Well he wasn't successful and while he was doing it, he freaken scratch my door with his jimmy device. I was supervising him until he ask me to go on the other side and see if the lock was moving. As I come back to the passenger side, I noticed the scratch and was like WTF. He tries to deny it but I told him what he did and what caused it. He then admitted it and gave me his business card. Well I'm wondering if these scratches are bad or not and if possible a easy fix by a professional or not. I just don't them to repaint the door as it would suck. Anyways, here are the pictures. From the look of it, it went down pass the clear coat And what is the normal price for a pro to fix it.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:48 PM

pics suck cant tell how deep it is
Old 03-19-2007, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by armeN' date='Mar 19 2007, 02:48 PM
pics suck cant tell how deep it is
Can't tell whatyourworking with.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's so repairable. little wet sanding, spot paint, blend, wet sand, and it should look good as new.

ps. sell me your supra.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:56 AM

yes I know. Sorry for the poor picture. I will take better ones when I go home and use my camera. Anyways, when I run my fingernails across it, I can feel it and it does show metal from what it look likes. Thanks for the response so far.

plokivos: if the price is right then maybe hehe
Old 03-20-2007, 08:01 AM

let's talk $$$
Old 03-20-2007, 08:59 AM

its easily repairable by a professional.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:01 AM

I had a scratch similar to that on my WRX. I just had an autobody shop wet-sand it, and the next day it was as good as new. I can't really tell how bad it is from the pic, but my scratch was pretty bad. Didn't cost much either...I think a little over $100.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:23 PM

just an update, the tow company is paying for the repair. I took it to 2-3 bodyshop to get an estimate and all of them are saying they need to paint the door. Cost is 450-500 dollars. I ask them if its goign to look different and they told me that i won't notice it at all.

Anyways, I ask them about repainting my front bumper at the same time. Cost is roughly 420 - 460. The front isn't that bad but it has a few rock chips as I used the car as my daily driver the last year and driving 90 miles for over a year will get some chips. Just wondering if I should do it or not. I figure it will get more rock chip down the road. What do you guys think.

I'm just a little nervous that when i get it back, i'm going to notice a difference. Like one panel is brand new and the other one is old.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just take the money, and leave it.

More times then not...when you get your car repaired over such a small thing, when you get it back..something worse will happen to it.

If you had black, you would go nuts. Maybe I am just so over forgiving to scratches because I have berlina? I just look at the car and it gets scratched

Quick Reply: Repairable scratch? Yes? No? Damn Tow Driver