S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 " discussion" on the corvette forum.

Old 06-18-2002, 05:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default S2000 " discussion" on the corvette forum.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=323808

I put my 2 cents in, but they really dogged the S2000.
Old 06-18-2002, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who really cares what they say. I'm sure some Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, and others feel the same.
Old 06-18-2002, 06:23 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I've owned 2 Vettes (including the once famous ZR-1). Although they are awesome performing cars, "most" Vette guys are a different breed of people. I found them to be somewhat "stuck up", demeaning to other sports car owners and a bit on the arrogant side. They (I was one of them) bought into the notion that each time a magazine publishes "Best Vette Yet", you go out and buy one only to find out that after more than 6 months of daily driving the thing pukes out every fluid it has onto the garage floor - one thing that my S2000 has not yet done after over 20 months of 4 seasons driving. I'm sorry, but performance isn't always everything when nuts and bolts back out and leaks develop. "The Best Vette Yet" will never be quite good enough. Some of these people are in denial. If I ever buy another one, I'll go into it expecting it to be trouble free for about 6 months and accept the fact that I'll need to buy 2 dollar screws and have the thing in the shop every couple of months. They're great "showy" cars and occasional drivers but daily 4 seasons? Not a chance.
Old 06-18-2002, 06:26 AM

good point, but I have been reading their OT forum for a while and as soon as I say my opinion I am a Troll to them. Kind of hurt my feelings. Oh well.
Old 06-18-2002, 06:58 AM

Maybe that discussion should touch on build quality?
Old 06-18-2002, 07:20 AM

Originally posted by pittpanther
Maybe that discussion should touch on build quality?
yup, typical domestic build quality (or lack thereof)...

i got into one of these discussions and had the vette guys all over me - in the end, i think the thread got closed or deleted by a moderator......some people just can't except any form of criticisms of their cars - even when their is an abundance of proof/evidence to support said criticism......
Old 06-18-2002, 07:23 AM

Talking to most of the vette people is like ...

There are quite a few good ones, but most of the ones I've encountered on the forums are trailer trash. Look at the posts for god sakes. Just give up on them and return to normalcy.

You should know as far as they are concerned the only real sports car is a corvette. Its superior to everything on the road including F360s, F550s, 911s, and yes our S2000.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:33 AM

Hello, all. I just joined up. I'm waiting for my 2002 Spa Yellow S2K to come injavascript:smilie('')
big grin

This discussion reminds me of the Harley Davidson folks. I own a Yamaha Royal Star Tour Classic II. It's a great motorcycle. I've been all around the US and Canada on it and it never hickupped once!! In the mountains, down in the desert, in the rain and in the snow!! No problems. But, when I talk to some HD folks (not all, mind you) it's the same mindset as the Corvette lovers. Kind of lame and WAY too bad. After all, we all love sportscars, speed and excellent handling. I wouldn't waste my time even trying to be rational with both groups. It doesn't matter and never will.
Old 06-18-2002, 08:05 AM

A couple of weekends ago, my wife and I were coming back from visiting another S2K owner (Ulrich). On the way back, I mentioned to my wife that one of the reasons I love my car is the other S2K owners. I mention that whenever I run into another S2K, we always greet each other with a wave, honk, or a nod.

A little further up the road, I pull up behind a silver corvette convertible. After a couple of minutes behind it, a silver (same color) Z06, merged onto the road. We all get to a red light and the corvettes are side-by-side. Not once do the drivers even look at or acknowledge one another. They were too cool to even glance at each other. I turn to my wife and say "this is why I do not own a corvette".

A few minutes later, I added "I also don't own enough gold chains or rayon shirts to be a vette owner".

I respect the vette, but from what I have seen, I am not a vette type of guy (I don't have a mullet, don't wear hairspray or spritz , and I do not wear sunglasses at night ).

I do have to say that I have run into some real nice people that have owned older vettes and some cool vette owners on this forum, but most of my experiences, with later model vette owners in real life, have left me wanting to not be associated with them in any way.

Just my 2 cents.

Al
Old 06-18-2002, 08:31 AM

I am now dumber from reading on the vette forum for a bit! I appreciate anything fast, as should any car enthusiast. Some people in that post spoke normally, but mostly trolls.

Quick Reply: S2000 " discussion" on the corvette forum.