S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000- the perfect "sleeper" car!

Old 01-31-2002, 11:01 AM
SSX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000- the perfect "sleeper" car!

It's amazing how hot of a topic the S2K continues to be on other discussion boards, and I've grown pretty tired of trying to educate people on what is fact and fiction about the car. You keep hearing the same old stuff..."11 seconds to 60 if you shift at 6K" "no torque at all" "have to drop the clutch at 9K to go fast" "slow as a civic around town" blah, blah, blah.... The stories I read are simply amazing. One guy in a stock miata brags about how he likes to "stomp" our car off the line in first gear (although he admits that by second it's all over) Another time I read that the s2k is so slow down low, that a guy in a stock neon claimed he could beat us. Same story from celica guys, mr-2 spyders, altima's, audi tt, golfs, and probably now grand am drivers...and we all managed to look "pissed off" when we get beat. Well instead of trying to educate these fools, I'm going to enjoy the role of the underdog. I now know that I have the perfect "sleeper" car. The S2K is apparently so inferior that everyone and their mom expects to be better. So be it...and bring it on...
Old 01-31-2002, 11:06 AM

Stock Neon?....LMAO
Old 01-31-2002, 11:22 AM

Eventually, you just get tired of arguing with ignorant people. I've learned not to even bother arguing with people who swear they toast S2000's all the time in vehicles that you just can't imagine ever beating an S2K. We don't have the fastest car out there, but it's faster than a lot of them out there.

Also, it sucks to hear people who criticize the S2000 without having even driven one before.
Old 01-31-2002, 11:25 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ignorance. What a wonderful thing.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:27 PM

The S2000 is a driver's car. We can't help it if everyone that buys one can't drive. And I am sooo tired of hearing about how slow our car is in the 1/4 mile. If you want to go fast in a straight line buy a Mustang or something that doesn't take that much skill to drive straight fast. Instead of Street Encounters, I would like to hear stories of Canyon Encounters.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kuni
[B]The S2000 is a driver's car.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:30 PM

I just say to people that bring it
Old 01-31-2002, 12:38 PM
Banned

well, being only an enthusiast and having only sat in one at a car show and stroked the hood of one on the street (I had white, non-scratching gloves at the time because I had just run my hand over a Ferrari 355 *shivers at the joy of the thought*), I can tell you from my point of view, it doesn't matter to me what others think about the S2000. we are all here because we love to hear the sound of an engine breaking into VTEC mode, we love the styling, and we love something that tugs at our hearts in just that special way. In fact, we're here because we love the S2000. It's that simple. It's not one of those "I got the fastest" things....if you want that, go get a frickin McLaren F1. It's not one of those "I've got the most expensive" things, if you want that go get a Porsche GT1 Street Version.

What it *IS*, is a "I've got a car that I love and will cherish for all my long years" things.

Come on, you know it. When you step into your garage and see that long, sloped hood, those flared wheel arches, that gaping intake in the bumper. When you slide into the body hugging seat, put on your seatbelt, you become the car, not just a passenger.

You press that little red button and you are no longer a mere mortal, you are in a passionate embrace with a very special thing, a very special car. I know a lot of you have named your cars. this isn't the style of a street racer, this is the style of a street LOVER. When you're driving down the road, don't you get that feeling that you spent your $30,000 ($50,000 here in canada) well? That even though the S2000 has it's fair share of problems (small glovebox, low torque, tiny trunk, etc) that you don't give a flying f*ck about it?

Don't you just FEEL THE LOVE that this car generates? I'm just an enthusiast, but *every single time* that I see an S2000, I fall in love all over again. i will have one someday, maybe in 6 years or 6 months, I don't know. I do know that I don't give a shit about what others think about me owning an S2000, because I know that i will have found my personal nirvana.

***There is one thing that I know, through and through. I love the S2000.... I always will....***

PS: Any posts of "amen" are welcomed =)
Old 01-31-2002, 12:48 PM

Originally posted by Flyin Wedge
Stock Neon?....LMAO
Another enlightened soul!
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=21548
Old 01-31-2002, 12:59 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LordVagabond
[B]well, being only an enthusiast and having only sat in one at a car show and stroked the hood of one on the street (I had white, non-scratching gloves at the time because I had just run my hand over a Ferrari 355 *shivers at the joy of the thought*), I can tell you from my point of view, it doesn't matter to me what others think about the S2000. we are all here because we love to hear the sound of an engine breaking into VTEC mode, we love the styling, and we love something that tugs at our hearts in just that special way. In fact, we're here because we love the S2000. It's that simple. It's not one of those "I got the fastest" things....if you want that, go get a frickin McLaren F1. It's not one of those "I've got the most expensive" things, if you want that go get a Porsche GT1 Street Version.

Quick Reply: S2000- the perfect "sleeper" car!