S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 Significant Other Humor

Old 03-16-2001, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Morris,

That just doesn't seem fair - only weekends??
Old 03-16-2001, 07:43 AM

I've been fortunate enough to have female friends who appreciate the car...true car enthusiasts and they force me to go throw them for all mods for their approval (they don't want me looking stupid, which isn't very hard according to them lol) but for those who don't respect the car i have one simple answer for them...you don't have to ride with me. I hate people who bad mouth my car to the point where i won't let them ride in it. My stook doesn't like to be insulted, she has feelings too.
Old 03-16-2001, 11:01 AM

I posted this a long time ago, but it's worth repeating. I took my 8 year old niece on her a ride in the S2k. It was her first ride in a convertible, and it was a little unsettling for her at first.

"What will we do if it rains?" she asked. I explained that it was easy to put the top up, so rain wasn't a problem. After thinking for just a few seconds she asked "What if the sun's too hot?". I explained that as long as we were moving and there was a breeze, the sun felt good and that was one reason that you buy a convertible.

She still wasn't convinced. She sat quietly for another 30 seconds or so, then she said "But what about the birds?". I laughed till I had tears rolling down my cheeks. I still think of that every time I lower the top.
Old 03-16-2001, 11:17 AM

Sig Other loves the car but only when she gets to drive it. Doesn't think it's user friendly for someone in the right hand seat. Her problem is she doesn't get to drive it. Well,
not very much. Gota give to get.
Old 03-16-2001, 11:37 AM

The first time I left it home (needed the truck at work), I get home and she said "I had to shift out of third at 103!"

Yea, that's why her parents named her Rebel! Her car is a 75 Vette:
http://www.rebelann.com/Corvette.htm

Dave
Old 03-16-2001, 11:45 AM

That
Old 03-16-2001, 11:57 AM

Rebuilding the Vette was fun as I've been out of the auto body business for about 10 years.

Looking forward to painting the S2K someday.

Dave
Old 03-16-2001, 12:12 PM

Morris- great save BTW! Looks like you've shown her the way...

Sure am glad to see that a few of you have SO's that aren't total girly girls! I was reading this thread thinking how lame it was that these women were so worried about their hair, luggage or too scared to actually get behind the wheel. C'mon ladies live a little- life's waaay to short to be worried about your hair all the time. Well 'spose I can't be too judgmental about the hair thing, I did change the color of mine so it wouldn't clash with Spa yellow

And it's not just girls that have no idea what our s2k really is... I usually get some variation of this whole thing... "Oh you have a Honda... is the s2000 like a Civic or something?" The only guyz that I meet that know anything about s2ks are the ones I see at AutoX events. And well they are all still begging for a ride.... take a number boyz, the line forms to the left!
Old 03-16-2001, 12:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My fiancee works on a cruise ship, so our visits are few and far between. We decided to meet for 1 night in Dallas -- so I drove down from OK to meet her flight from Ft. Lauderdale to DFW.

The whole luggage thing never crossed either of our minds! It wasn't until our initial giddiness of seeing each other wore off that we realized her two bags had no chance of fitting in the trunk (plus I've got 10" sub).

So -- the luggage got its own cab -- who followed the S to the hotel!
Old 03-16-2001, 12:25 PM

My S.O. had the same comments: No trunk room, the hair mess thing, and not being able to use the S for trips. However you should have seen the expression on her face the first time I let her drive with the top down - can I say her smile was like a "jackass eating briars"! She can't wait for warmer weather so she can throw her ball cap on and go cruising is the S as long as I let HER drive.... BTW, she loves the way it drives, says it is better than the 2000 Prelude that I traded in for the S........

Quick Reply: S2000 Significant Other Humor