S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 Significant Other Humor

Old 03-16-2001, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Juliann,

Great posting! My only thought after reading it was

"GO GIRL" Kick some serious @#$ with your Stook.
Old 03-16-2001, 01:05 PM

Originally posted by daveunderwood
http://www.rebelann.com/Corvette.htm

Dave
Pretty cool Vette...My friend is restoring a '60 Vette right now. It looks awesome...
Old 03-16-2001, 01:11 PM

Rowland-

You have no idea how badly I want to go out and have some fun with the s2k! Too bad she's on jackstands waiting for the Penske's to arrive, ripped her stock shocks off on Tuesday & sent them off to Guy Ankeny. Well and it's snowing here in Chicago.. I 'spose if it was sunny & warm I'd be really depressed!

Over6racing (AKA Team Threesome) has two events in Texas next month- can't wait to go kick some butt! Keep an eye out for our results on the Racing Forum April 7 & 8th and April 21 & 22nd. I can't wait!
Old 03-16-2001, 02:07 PM

Originally posted by fla-y2ks2k
I posted this a long time ago, but it's worth repeating. I took my 8 year old niece on her a ride in the S2k. It was her first ride in a convertible, and it was a little unsettling for her at first.

"What will we do if it rains?" she asked. I explained that it was easy to put the top up, so rain wasn't a problem. After thinking for just a few seconds she asked "What if the sun's too hot?". I explained that as long as we were moving and there was a breeze, the sun felt good and that was one reason that you buy a convertible.

She still wasn't convinced. She sat quietly for another 30 seconds or so, then she said "But what about the birds?". I laughed till I had tears rolling down my cheeks. I still think of that every time I lower the top.

Did someone say birds?

http://www.magneticc5.com/niceday/img_0252.jpg
http://www.magneticc5.com/niceday/img_0253.jpg
Old 03-16-2001, 08:53 PM
Former Moderator

This one kinda says alot about the winners I go out with. I was on a first date with a real hottie, and as we're driving down the strip towards the restaruant, 2 guys pull up in an old camaro. The driver hangs his head out the window and starts chatting the chick up, then asks her to meet them at a party. ( This always happens to me..WTF?) so she says to the guy, Maybe one day when you can afford a PORSCHE like this we can talk. !!
So know I know, she only said yes because of the car, and 2 she dosen't even know what kind of car she's in!
She had the "lobster" I had some fun and that was the end of her. Sheesh!
Old 03-16-2001, 10:06 PM

After my first two nights of owning the S2k, my wife begged me to let her take it to work the next day. Having felt guilty for spending so much money on the car, I thought I should at least let her drive it to work and get that out of the way. So the night before, I had her test drive it while I sat in the passenger seat. She loved the car. Once we got back she pulled up right over the curb, but luckily it didn't scrape. I told her that she needed to be careful about that. Later when we got in the house, I was reading through the manual, and it had a section called "parking tips". So I pointed out the part where it said not to pull the car over the curb! I thought that it was funny given the circumstances of her earlier move.

So the next day, she drove it to work. Everything was fine until around lunch time, I got a call from her. She was weeping like a little girl. She could barely muster up the strength to tell me that when she was hot rodding around the parking lot with her friends (showing off the car), she pulled in to the parking spot, and went right over the curb scraping up the bottom of the car. I swear, I couldn't believe what she was telling me.

Anyway, she never got to drive again.
Old 03-17-2001, 02:41 AM

Originally posted by Morris
(I do get it on weekends)

Me Too! (But I drive my stook everyday! )
Old 03-18-2001, 06:09 PM

I first saw a picture of the S2K in the January '99 issue of Road & Track. I showed it to my wife. She said: "You're going to get that car!" I told her that I did not think so, that I already had a good car. etc. She said: "you should get that car, you deserve it!" So I got my dealer to sign a sales contract in March 2000.

'00 S2K Silver/Red #0138
'93 VTEC Prelude Red
'30 body to drive them.