S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2K Insurance (part II)

Old 11-06-2003, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default S2K Insurance (part II)

I started a new thread just so that more of you would view it. I to was paying outrageous insurance rates. I was with Safeco and they wanted $2000 6mo.....I switched to progressive and they gave me a price of $1400 6mo.......well after reading the other post on s2k insurance i typed the insurance company Wawanesa in a search engine (someone's suggestion for better rates)......this site came up... www.comparisonmarket.com it was called NexTag.....and one of the companies that came up after submitting an application was "esurance" (1-800-340-5593).....$967 6 mo with a $500 deductible...............now mind you, with my old companies i had a $1000 deductible...............my driving record sucks....4 speeding tickets on my record and 2 accidents (one at fault and one not at fault)..........fyi....the coverage i carry for bodily injury and property damage is $100K person/$300K accidents/$100K property ...............hope this helps those of you who are getting ripped off by high insurance rates!!!
Old 11-06-2003, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and another thing - be wary of progressive.
they will void your coverage for the most minor mods - STB's and CAI's included. what a joke.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:43 PM

esurance: NO NO NO! They are a Bermuda based company that operates in the US. Look up their financial statements. There's a reason they charge 60% of what other's charge -- they could fold at any minute and not pay your claims. Be very careful when dealing with non-regulated insurance companies.

"White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. was originally formed as a Delaware corporation in 1980 and became a Bermuda company in October 1999. The Company's corporate headquarters and its registered office are located in Hamilton, Bermuda and its principal executive office is located in Hanover, New Hampshire."

Hmm, tax haven shopping? Delaware? Bermuda? Doesn't scream safe and secure in my mind.

Buyer beware - in most cases you get what you pay for. And check out Amica.com and Libertyquotes.com (Liberty Mutual). Those are generally the two best for good drivers. Amica wins the JD Powers survey every year with straight 5-star ratings, and is cheaper than Progressive. (Amica doesn't spend millions on TV commercials).
Old 11-06-2003, 05:48 PM

BTW: I found them the same way you did, but they looked too sketchy to me. If you ever get hurt, heaven forbid, and need a $30k check for surgery you really don't want to have to guess if your insurance company is going to screw you or do the right thing.

Just my $0.02.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:39 PM

Stay away from crappo insurance companies- you will have a hard time getting them to pay claims.

I pay about $400 every 6 mos through Progressive, dunno what aftermarket mods have to do with coverage but covered my lowered RSX-S when my wife smashed it during an attempt to miss a deer.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by t-diddy
and another thing - be wary of progressive.
they will void your coverage for the most minor mods - STB's and CAI's included.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad you all brought this to my attention....has anyone else heard anything bad of them.....I guess i should have remembered the whole you get what you pay for saying...i was just hoping that I found some miracle.....my insurance is killing me!!!!
Old 11-07-2003, 11:29 AM

Get with a Independant Agent that won't BS you. Progressive sends out white SUV for a reason. that is to re-underwrite policy at time of loss vs what was put on orignal application. That puts a stop to fraud which increases all of our rates. Buy from a state admitted insurer, most states pick up tab if an admitted carrier goes belly up. White Mtn. is owned by John Byrne former chair of Gieco, Firemans fund, & One Becon and Owner of Berkshire Hathaway. They are better gamblers that any house in Vegas.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:33 PM

in progrssive's policy it states:
any significant modification to increase the speed or acceleration of a vehicle will void coverage on that car. they go on to detail what they consider "significant"
-engine modification
-suspension lowering
-larger wheels
-suspension bars

i even called to verify what i was reading - they backed it up on the phone.

do other majoe companies have this rule?
Old 11-08-2003, 01:23 PM

Be carefull about the progressive covering your rims and stereo. They do not cover the actual value of the parts in the car. Its a little different and tricky. how do I know? Well I got my totaled with progressive like 4 months ago. My car got stolen and it got totaled due to damge on the car. The rims were missing rear axle was broken and this and that. My stero system of course was completly gone. Well I have send the reciepts of my stereo system installation to them and they said they will cover the loss, however when my check arrived the amount was not much more than what it was supposed to be car alone , so when I asked I have been told that my stereo system is covered up to the amount that it incrases the value of my car. Not its separate value or not what i have paid for. He said if it would be stolen by itself they would cover it completly however whn the car is totaled they look at it as a whole. i think its bullshit but i have been pushing back and forth with them over the time to complete my claim so I just said f.ck it.

Quick Reply: S2K Insurance (part II)