S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2ks on BAT

Old 07-22-2018, 06:06 PM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts
Default S2ks on BAT

There are four S2ks on Bring a Trailer now. Interesting to see how they do.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:51 PM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

3 low to super-low mileage ap1s poised to most likely pass the 20k mark. Wew lads.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:58 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I’ll just leave this here.
The following users liked this post:
shrykhar (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 04:17 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

"A rising tide lifts all boats"

To go along with this rising price of the S2000, will be a run on motors. I'm very seriously considering buying a JDM F20C to store for the eventuality that my motor will go, and as we know, they're nearly impossible to rebuild. The problem with that? Well, now every SUPAH MAD DORIFTO wannabe is now stuffing an F20C into their 86, sand rail, etc. The costs of motors alone are creeping over $3000. Yikes.

This car is going to be priced out of the average Honda enthusiast's hands very, very shortly, and I think that's a mixed bag... good for the car's preservation, bad for guys like me that just like their car.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:38 AM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

I enjoy reading the posts on BAT, the good and the bad. So many people freak about about things. You certainly need to have thick skin when posting a car for sale on that site.

Last edited by IA-SteveB; 07-23-2018 at 05:53 AM.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:42 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by VashTheStampede
"A rising tide lifts all boats"

This car is going to be priced out of the average Honda enthusiast's hands very, very shortly, and I think that's a mixed bag... good for the car's preservation, bad for guys like me that just like their car.
I think that it’s the :::average::: Honda enthusiasts that have created this bubble. It’s no fault of their own, but the car loses value when modded. Bolt a wing, or replace the front bumper, or add FI, or whatever else, and for the most part the cars not worth the money. These have been passed through so many Honda enthusiasts hands now that there’s very few original cars remaining, thus the high prices on original cars.

Not to mention enthusiatic drivers that maybe buy too much car for their level of driving ability and end up in the ditch, or a pole, or whatever else.

Please don’t misunderstand me, I’d love to mod my car. I am very average. It’s just, mod the car and there goes the value. One less original car. I have lots of old cars; I mod some, others I feel I have a responsibility to keep original. I have mixed emotions about whether to dive into my sub-50k mile, all 10 VIN tag, three owners since new (including me. The first owner had it for less than a year, second for 12), all original car. In no way is mine concours, or collector level. But, still... I struggle.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by [DELETED]

I think that it’s the :::average::: Honda enthusiasts that have created this bubble. It’s no fault of their own, but the car loses value when modded. Bolt a wing, or replace the front bumper, or add FI, or whatever else, and for the most part the cars not worth the money. These have been passed through so many Honda enthusiasts hands now that there’s very few original cars remaining, thus the high prices on original cars.

Not to mention enthusiatic drivers that maybe buy too much car for their level of driving ability and end up in the ditch, or a pole, or whatever else.

Please don’t misunderstand me, I’d love to mod my car. I am very average. It’s just, mod the car and there goes the value. One less original car. I have lots of old cars; I mod some, others I feel I have a responsibility to keep original. I have mixed emotions about whether to dive into my sub-50k mile, all 10 VIN tag, three owners since new (including me. The first owner had it for less than a year, second for 12), all original car. In no way is mine concours, or collector level. But, still... I struggle.
I hear some boys refrain from kissing their girlfriends or buying them nice things so that they will become more desirable and appreciative for their next boyfriend.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:54 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by rpg51
There are four S2ks on Bring a Trailer now. Interesting to see how they do.
Here is how they will do.

https://bringatrailer.com/honda/s2000/

Old 07-23-2018, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by [DELETED]

I agree with this completely. I've modded multiple cars over the years, but I just can't bring myself to touch the S. It's not that I'm against it (if it's done with quality work and quality parts), I just can't think of a way to make it better. This car, more than any I think I've ever owned, is greater than the sum of its parts, so if you change one thing here, or another thing there, you feel it in a completely different spot. Plus, I've got volumes of swag, doodads, and books on this thing, and the more I read, the more I think modifying this car would be an insult to it if I did it.

This, mind you, is coming from the guy that had no problem stuffing a B20/Vtec hybrid into a non-salvage, running ITR about 15 years ago. lol.

Oh well, to each their own, but I've been modifying Hondas for 20 years, and if I'm honest, it seems like I've been trying to modify them to be like what the S2000 is in stock form, which says a lot about this car.

Last edited by VashTheStampede; 07-23-2018 at 07:08 AM.
The following users liked this post:
shrykhar (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Euro_Ricer
I hear some boys refrain from kissing their girlfriends or buying them nice things so that they will become more desirable and appreciative for their next boyfriend.
Oh, neat, the obligatory "I've modified my car, and no one has a problem with it, but let me be mildly insulting to those who like a stock vehicle for no apparent reason" guy is here. Glad that's out of the way.

Quick Reply: S2ks on BAT