S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Selling the S and whats next NSX or Porsche?

Old 10-05-2005, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling the S and whats next NSX or Porsche?

OK I love my S but have begun to think about next cars,,, I have narrowed the search (starting next spring) to an acrura NSX or a porsche Carrera.... NSX T and want to spend roughly 40K, for the Porsche same price range give or take 5K on each.... thinking 01 Cabrio if possible.... please unleash on your thoughts... good bad and ugly, if you owned one before, things to beware of, pro's and cons, what your choice would be and why? I was thinking to cough up a bit more and buy an 02 nsx the new style lights etc... saw one on ebay for 57..... again I would apprecaite any data at all.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:34 AM

Acura or Porsche.

Acura's fast, but come on, the other one is a Porsche , go for it.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:47 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

There will always be a time for a Porsche, but the NSX is a now kind of car. I'd save the Porsche for the mid-life crisis age (unless you're there already). A Porsche is a beautiful car though.

It comes down to driving them. I've been in plenty of Porsches, but haven't been in an NSX, so I am only assuming it's as fun to drive. I know people who've owned them and at the time they could've bought anything and picked NSX's over 911 or F355's, so go figure...

Porsche's are a dime-a-dozen, maybe because they are that good, but if you want a real head-turner, the NSX is it. Imola Orange or White, and they'll think you're Senna getting out of it...
Old 10-05-2005, 10:49 AM

Porsche is nice but i see them everywhere where i live. NSX however is much more limted production. I say NSX. Porsche is nice but unless you are getting a carrera S, 4S, or turbo I say NSX.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

amazing how some of u guys will say "go for the porsche" just cuz of the name.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dyhppy,Oct 5 2005, 10:50 AM
amazing how some of u guys will say "go for the porsche" just cuz of the name.
same reason why we have brands like acura/lexus/infinity the silly name whores
Old 10-05-2005, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by mickfluff,Oct 5 2005, 06:27 PM
OK I love my S but have begun to think about next cars,,, I have narrowed the search (starting next spring) to an acrura NSX or a porsche Carrera.... NSX T and want to spend roughly 40K, for the Porsche same price range give or take 5K on each.... thinking 01 Cabrio if possible.... please unleash on your thoughts... good bad and ugly, if you owned one before, things to beware of, pro's and cons, what your choice would be and why? I was thinking to cough up a bit more and buy an 02 nsx the new style lights etc... saw one on ebay for 57..... again I would apprecaite any data at all.
Personally I am elaning towards the acura myself.... I would only want silverstone or the orange as I think someone had mentioned... but in that color I would have to opt for an 02 or newer I believe.... does anyone have an 02 or newer or driven one? I believe that was the year of the change in front headlights and some other minor subtle changes,... thanks again
Old 10-05-2005, 11:21 AM

They are both very, very different cars..
You would need to drive both and run through a daily routine with them to see if you really want one or the other. I'm voting NSX. 1997+. They are both expensive to buy, own, and repair. It's all preference.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:39 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol,Oct 5 2005, 10:47 AM
Porsche's are a dime-a-dozen, maybe because they are that good, but if you want a real head-turner, the NSX is it. Imola Orange or White, and they'll think you're Senna getting out of it...

It depends on where you live, but around here you can't turn around without seeing a Porsche (or a new Vette). For the "Wow Factor" I'd take the NSX. Plus "it's a Honda."
Old 10-05-2005, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by scottrunsxc,Oct 5 2005, 07:39 PM

It depends on where you live, but around here you can't turn around without seeing a Porsche (or a new Vette). For the "Wow Factor" I'd take the NSX. Plus "it's a Honda."
which is more reliable and by how much? have heard good thigs about the nsx and less about the Porsche...

Quick Reply: Selling the S and whats next NSX or Porsche?