S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Should I buy the Konig Rated-R

Old 04-16-2001, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was debating whether or not to get the Konig Rated-R's. 17" Anyone got any pics of any? Any FAST help or advice would be appreciated. I am going to get them in an hour so....
Old 04-16-2001, 01:04 PM
SaV

Please don't buy Konig. They are a company known to copy other company's rim styles. They also aren't made with the best process and materials. If you are going to buy rims, buy the European or Japanese "exotic rims." They are Advan (AVS), Volk, BBS, OZ, Mugen,SSR, ect... I am sure there are companies out there that make imitations of these brands, but that is all you are getting, an imitation.
Old 04-16-2001, 01:51 PM

Like Sav said, imitation rims are bad - Konig is considered imitation. The quality is bad. Spend a little more money and buy good quality rims.

Go with something else.
Old 04-16-2001, 02:15 PM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2SaV
[B]Please don't buy Konig. They are a company known to copy other company's rim styles. They also aren't made with the best process and materials. If you are going to buy rims, buy the European or Japanese "exotic rims." They are Advan (AVS), Volk, BBS, OZ, Mugen,SSR, ect... I am sure there are companies out there that make imitations of these brands, but that is all you are getting, an imitation.
Old 04-16-2001, 02:24 PM

[B]Please don't buy Konig. They are a company known to copy other company's rim styles. They also aren't made with the best process and materials. If you are going to buy rims, buy the European or Japanese "exotic rims." They are Advan (AVS), Volk, BBS, OZ, Mugen,SSR, ect... I am sure there are companies out there that make imitations of these brands, but that is all you are getting, an imitation.
Old 04-16-2001, 02:30 PM

I think the Konig Verdicts is the best looking one for the S, especially the 18" and 19". But you can't put that much wider tires on them.
nick
Old 04-16-2001, 02:38 PM

I've been thinking about the Verdicts for the S2K, but they don't have the proper offsets. I thought about doing the 19's, like Larry's rims, but they make for real harsh driving, plus to get the offsets we need, they would be very expensive not including the VERY expensive tires(if they ever made them).

The 18's are a decent compromise , but alas, they don't have the offsets yet, but say they will soon.

I am also looking at the RH Evolutions:

The Z5000
Old 04-16-2001, 07:51 PM
SaV

I personally like the Verdicts. It kind of reminds me of the Skyline R34 rims; nevertheless, I will only purchase a set if they come out in by a "respectable" company. As for the brand name preference, yes I am name conscience, materialistic you might say. Think about this, your S2000 is the top of the line Honda (sans NSX), why would you want to put anything that would "degrade" the car. An example would be wearing an Armani suit with a pair of Sketcher shoes (the dressy ones). Sure they might look nice, but people are going to point them out and laugh at you. I, as well as many other people know the difference between the "REAL" stuff to the Konig's,ADR's,and all the other imitation rims. Growing up in an area where there is a large import scene, you have to go "REAL" all the way. If not, well you just get laughed at. Latez!
Old 04-16-2001, 08:23 PM

Old 04-16-2001, 08:27 PM
SaV

My apologies, please omit OZ rims. I just "assumed" since they are used in racing (WRC, F1, CART) that they are good. Sorry! Latez!

Quick Reply: Should I buy the Konig Rated-R