S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Stance

Old 09-28-2017, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stance

Can anyone tell me why anyone would do that stance bullshit to an S2000. The car was made for the driving experience not to have ridiculous camber, airbag suspension, and stretched and poked wheels. I understand to each their own but it just disgusts me to see that on a car I love so much.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

self expression? cause its their car and they own it lol. I just see all car modifications, whether for show or track as just a form of enhancing your experience with the car. And for some its dialing in the wheel fitment and getting that frame right there on the ground. I have the same issues with my dad all the time about cars too. We both love driving, watching car shows, and complaining about new cars. But we are never on the same boat when it comes to modifying things. Hes a stock car guy, and I see my s2k as a blank canvas. If you look pass the modification types, you'll just see a bunch of gear heads into their own cars and its really not that bad. Besides, I find Tesla owners to be way more annoying.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:21 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

The best looking S2K is factory stock without any modification.

Last edited by rudyy; 09-28-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:43 PM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

I'm with you gray. I have no problem with appearance mods, but I draw a line at mods that seriously neuter a cars performance.

Such mods are the automotive equivalent of pants so baggy your entire butt is showing and its impossible to run.
The following users liked this post:
freq (09-29-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 08:02 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Because they want to enjoy their cars? Who cares what someone else does to their stuff?
Old 09-29-2017, 05:34 AM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

I cringe when I see the stanced ones. I don't feel any kinship to such folks as an S2000 owner. It just wrecks the performance and its usually young kids who must not appreciate the S2000 for what it is. Its just another S2000 ruined when they are not making them anymore. Its kind of sad really. I agree with those who said these cars look best stock...or close to it. Some performace mods like quality coilovers with a mild drop look really good and I wouldn't mind a supercharger but those are mods that take the S2000 further in the direction it was designed for in the first place.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:08 AM

Received 125 Likes on 106 Posts

Well... you/we do own a relatively inexpensive "tuner" type vehicle. You can buy a high mile one for under 10k which opens it up to lots of younger people who like to do these types to things to their cars.
Buy a Porsche if you want to be in more of an "elite" or "motorsport" focused community... and I don't mean that as an insult... but it is what it is.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:30 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by balkolite
self expression? cause its their car and they own it lol. I just see all car modifications, whether for show or track as just a form of enhancing your experience with the car. And for some its dialing in the wheel fitment and getting that frame right there on the ground. I have the same issues with my dad all the time about cars too. We both love driving, watching car shows, and complaining about new cars. But we are never on the same boat when it comes to modifying things. Hes a stock car guy, and I see my s2k as a blank canvas. If you look pass the modification types, you'll just see a bunch of gear heads into their own cars and its really not that bad. Besides, I find Tesla owners to be way more annoying.
There's self expression, and there's ruining the damned car. If you want to paint your car a wild color, put on a body kit, a big wing, a fart can, hell, even some of those dumbass stickers across the bottom of the windshield, knock yourself out. I won't always like it, but I get it. Do your thing.

But ruining the suspension? Making it drive like garbage for "scene points" and looking "cooler" while parked? Nah son, that's stupid. It's literally just like standing on the street corner screaming and thinking it's great because people are looking at you.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:40 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Who.
Cares.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:54 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

There's no accounting for taste, and people make bad decisions every day.

To me these types of mods are like having a screwdriver and using it as a hammer. You can do it but its not what the tool is for.

Quick Reply: Stance