S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Strange issue has me locked out.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange issue has me locked out.

Ok long story. When I bought my 05 it has a viper alarm installed that doesn't work. So I bought a factory keypad and tried to link it per instructions I found on here. On the second attempt the doors locked but that was it. Now my trunk release doesn't work anymore not does my feature that locked the passenger door when you lock the driver door manually from inside. Fuses look good. Now for the bad part. In a dumb drunken moment, I locked my keys in my trunk when I went to show a buddy my new sub. So now keys are Locked in the trunk and my trunk release doesn't work due I whatever happened with that keypad.

Short version:keys locked in trunk after door and trunk locks messed up while trying to program a fob. Any idea's. and obviously I have no spare
Old 02-03-2013, 05:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zacharyp20
Ok long story. When I bought my 05 it has a viper alarm installed that doesn't work. So I bought a factory keypad and tried to link it per instructions I found on here. On the second attempt the doors locked but that was it. Now my trunk release doesn't work anymore not does my feature that locked the passenger door when you lock the driver door manually from inside. Fuses look good. Now for the bad part. In a dumb drunken moment, I locked my keys in my trunk when I went to show a buddy my new sub. So now keys are Locked in the trunk and my trunk release doesn't work due I whatever happened with that keypad.

Short version:keys locked in trunk after door and trunk locks messed up while trying to program a fob. Any idea's. and obviously I have no spare
have a locksmith open it? or does the physical mechanism not work anymore?
Old 02-03-2013, 06:02 PM

From recent experience of a botched Viper install, I would guess it's the remote control modulator, rather than the actual actuators in the door.

But, either way, I think consulting a locksmith is your best bet
Old 02-03-2013, 08:57 PM

Up to the point of me trying to program the remote the actuators worked in the doors and trunk. It was something in the process of programming it that made them stop working. Was wondering if there was anything else to check that could have gone wrong while programming. Locksmith it is I guess..
Old 02-07-2013, 07:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you need to get into the car. feel around on the soft top. you can actually pop both latches and the gentley lift up on the top. enough to get your arm to the door handle.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by croftoncustoms
If you need to get into the car. feel around on the soft top. you can actually pop both latches and the gentley lift up on the top. enough to get your arm to the door handle.
Please mention things like that with the pm system. No need to bring thieves on great idea's !