S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Sunday Drive Stories Autumn in NJ -- Long

Old 10-15-2000, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spent about five hours with the top down today cruising through central and northern New Jersey with my daughter as co-pilot. We traveled along Route 206 into Chester, NJ and marveled at the brilliant hues of autumn. The colors are in full peak and they are spectacular. All those years traveling in a sedan or SUV looking at the leaves of autumn, after today's ride in the S2000, I realized I have been missing the full effect. Kind of like watching an epic movie on a five inch TV instead of on the big screen.

We drove to the Delaware Water Gap and stopped at a lookout point for pictures and a leg stretch.

Those of you from NJ, PA or NY shouod make the drive. It's well worth it.

I saw two S2Ks -- one red one in Califon coming other way. We beeped and waved aty each other. Mine's red too. I saw a black one parked in Mendham. For both these drivers, if you are on this board, let's hear from you.

Finally, the best part was the oohs and aahs and questions we got everytime we stopped. This car is both an attention grabber and mostly unknown. No one had seen one before or heard of it. And for all the guys out there, this car does attract the women. It gives you the opening line. Today, I had two women come up to me as I was getting or getting out of the car asking me about it.

Thank you Honda for giving us a great car and a the first of many great top-down days.

BigRedESS

2000 S2k Red/Black