S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Sunscreen?

Old 09-10-2003, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunscreen?

HI all! I am the proud owner of a brand new 03 Suzuka Blue S2K and I am lovin' every minute of it since I picked her up from the dealership last night. John Eagle Honda, in Dallas, treated my like royalty and I can't say enough about their excellent service for me.

First question to the forum:

Can anyone recommend a favorite sunscreen (since my head is getting a wee bit too bald and I'm gonna fry if I don't watch it) that:
1. doesn't smell
2. is not greasy
3. and most important, won't screw up the leather and other goodies in the car

Thanks in Advance, I've enjoyed the hell out of this community for the past few months lurking, and after about 9 months of testing, researching etc I decided on my S2K and I can't get the Sh!t eating grin off my face.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:11 AM

Originally posted by catfish
Can anyone recommend a favorite sunscreen
I wish I could help, but I'm from New Hampshire.

Welcome!
Old 09-10-2003, 10:18 AM
Banned

I would strongly recommend visiting your local tanning salon and looking for Australian Gold sunscreen. It has, by far, the best ingredients. It is not greasy, Aloe Vera based and comes in everything from spf4 to spf 30. It is very difficult to find so be a bit patient looking for it. If your tanning salon does not carry it but does have the other Australian Gold products, they should be able to order it for you.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:25 AM

What about an S2000 ball cap? Or for that matter any ballcap. Oh and congratulations on the fine color and car selection!!
Old 09-10-2003, 10:32 AM

Welcome to ownership Catfish!

I, too, am a recent new owner in the Dallas area. Rusty Wallis did a fine job for my purchase. I've heard good things about most D/FW Honda dealers except for Lute Riley. Some big time bad reviews about them.

As for the suncreen, Coopertone Sport is a pretty decent product that's not too greasy. However, if you are looking to protect the leather as much as your head, then consider looking for some "bio safe" sunscreen. It's what recommended for swimming in tropical envirions (like Cancun) where the coral and other marine wildlife can be hurt by the oils and chemicals in sunscreen. I would think it would probably be the easiest on you leather. I picked up a bottle at Wally World.

Anyway, maybe we'll see you around town!

Old 09-10-2003, 10:40 AM

Bullfrog Quik Gel Sport Spray! 36 SPF, and it sprays on. Just spray it on BEFORE you get in the car. Thay also have a rub on gel.http://www.bullfrogsunscreen.com/about.asp
Old 09-10-2003, 10:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your purchase. I would highly recommend a hat instead of a substance on your skin.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:46 AM

check this out

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...7738#post977738
Old 09-10-2003, 12:18 PM

pfft get a tan =P.

I've got such a bad shirt tan from Cali sun this summer *shake head*
Old 09-10-2003, 12:35 PM

It's hot as hell here in Florida. I recommend a ball cap thats tethered (light weight cord) to the head rest. All it takes is a sudden gust of wind and...you lost your hat. This will prevent that from happening. Make sure you leave enough slack so you can move around. For sun tan lotion, I recommend new Coppertone Dry Oil Spray spf15. It is not greasy or oily and costs around $9. in a discount drug store. Now go have some fun and welcome to the forum. -Ken

Quick Reply: Sunscreen?