S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Terrible Ongoing Shop Experience...

Old 11-17-2001, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Terrible Ongoing Shop Experience...

As some of you already know, on 10/24, I got into an accident with my S. With the damage that was done to the car, they told me that the car should be ready on 11/9. Today is 11/17, I don't have my car yet, and the shop still doesn't know when it will be ready. They said that they were waiting on the new rear tires and that they were hard to find because they are "high performance" (S0-2). And until they get the tires, they can't align the car. So the tires finally come in. I call the shop to see when it would be ready. They then tell me that a piece of the suspension needs to be replaced because after the alignment, the back right wheel still wasn't correct. So I'm like whatever. I call a few days later, and they then say that the part they ordered was the wrong part. Instead of ordering the part for the rear, they ordered it for the front. So I called again today, and their answer quite simply, "I don't know".

When I went to go look at the car, the body work was all done. Only thing was that one of my side strakes were missing, and so was my front lip. As for the paint, it's all complete. Or atleast they think it's complete. I noticed several spots on the car that look faded. It's best described as the type of scratch/fade you would get after rubbing a certain part of the paint with an abrasive cloth for a long time. It has that like white hue to it.

I'm really pissed off, and nobody knows when my car will be ready. Is there anything I can do to take some action against these guys? After all of the shit they've been putting me through, they still want me to pay my deductible!! It's not my fault their dumb and keep ordering the wrong parts! Can I like fill out a survey on some sort of national service that reviews all shops? These people are really pissing me off and I don't just want to let them keep pushing me around like that. Can I really do anything at all?

P.S. Can they sabatoge my car? Like not tighten the suspension parts? How do I know if they did anything?
Old 11-17-2001, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could file a claim with the Better Business Bureau. As for your car they won't do anything stupid. What you could ask them to do is send it out to have it detail or wet sand if needed. Make sure you get all the paperwork from the shop. Also....if you want to know if they are pulling your leg on the parts...ask them that you want the old parts as a souvenir....something to remember the accident with. They should be able to give you that.

hope everything work out....most of the body shop out there had never work on a S2K before....so it will be longer then the quoted time. Unless you bring it to a really good place.
Old 11-17-2001, 01:38 PM

Make sure they get the correct OEM S02's - do a search on this site to get the details.
Old 11-17-2001, 11:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info, I might just file a claim afterall. They are making it seem as if I'm giving them problems when they are the one giving me problems. Terrible customer service!

As for the tires, I saw the new ones and they were on the car. They did say Potenza S0-2. Are there different types of S0-2's or something? The tread pattern looked the same.

I just wish I would have taken it to the Honda dealer in the first place...
Old 11-18-2001, 05:09 AM

There are different S02's - if you look closely.

http://www.s2000online.com/forums/showthre...?threadid=11019