S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What did you do to your S2000 today?

Old 04-08-2019, 07:31 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Few other things wrapped up from this weekend. As mentioned above, she saw the light of day for the first time in 2019... beautiful day. Spent the last few weekends detailing inside and out:

Reinstalled the Clazzio covers (above) with blue stitching, and installed seat heaters. Since I installed a USB 3A dual port outlet on the passenger side knee panel, I swapped the stock power outlet for my seat control. It's a single control that handles both seats. Nice clean install with no need for modifying permanently. I have the original outlet that I can reinstall, and I powered the seat heaters from the outlet source using blade connectors, so they fit the stock harness directly.

New center console with my new armrest (above) and shift boot (below), both with blue stitching to match the seats and the Laguna Blue exterior.

Last edited by datadr; 04-08-2019 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:33 AM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Got a tire plugged. Over the weekend, went to - belatedly -- swap on the summer tires, checking the pressures, I saw one was low. A quick examination revealed a nail and, for once, almost centered in the tread and not in the "we cannot fix that" edge position. Nearest gas station is a 8 minute walk away so I got out the hand truck. Done!

Spouse is still on the winter tires one more day.

New stereo still in box awaiting a nice day with no other crises.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:15 AM

Received 1,568 Likes on 932 Posts

Drove to Coast near Tomales (Coast Guard Training Center) yesterday and heading up HWY1 on the California coast to Point Arena. Stay till Friday exploring local roads and parks. Beautiful with the top down!
Old 04-15-2019, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by tiger1964
Got a tire plugged. Over the weekend, went to - belatedly -- swap on the summer tires, checking the pressures, I saw one was low. A quick examination revealed a nail and, for once, almost centered in the tread and not in the "we cannot fix that" edge position. Nearest gas station is a 8 minute walk away so I got out the hand truck. Done!
Just FYI, you can fix those yourself with an $8 kit from Advance Auto. While there's no shame in having it fixed for you by a garage, I just got tired of the hassle of having to schlep to a garage when I needed something so small, so I just bought a kit and do it myself. As you said, as long as it's in the "OK to fix" part of the tire (tread) it's pretty simple. I've done several over the years with no issues.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took it for a much needed drive... Well this wasn’t today, but it was a couple days ago Had to wait to get the pic.

Love this place!
Old 04-20-2019, 02:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got a cup holder

Installed the modifry cup holder in my S today, now to get a beverage for the test

Old 04-20-2019, 02:57 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I installed the Kenwood KSC-SW11 subwoofer behind the passenger seat. Rather than drill holes, I just used HD Velcro to hold it in place.
The passenger seat travel is restricted by one notch. No biggie, as my wife is a bit shorter...
The install was a piece of cake, after following the great tips on this site for where to run the power wire.
I used the "extra" connector in the under-hood fusebox. A 1/4 female spade connector fits perfectly.
I then ran the (fused) wire under the wiper shroud to the gasket by the brake MC and into the car.
With the new Pioneer deck, Modifry connectors, and the Polk speakers in the doors, the sound is finally half-decent.

Cheers!
Old 04-20-2019, 06:09 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Went for a lovely drive up to the superstore. Raced an Evo mr at a stoplight just for kicks. Topped off on oil once I got back home, now with more tools to work with. Started looking at car parts as you do. Realized that parts have arrived in the mail shortly after.

Secured the battery and took out the stocked over-rattle-smoked brake lamps. Had to clean some of the sealing area as it was filthy. With the buddy clubs they reuse some of the old headlight, if i remember right it was everything but the brown socket. So re-purposed those into the new brake lights, plugged everything in double checking the instructions (remembering there was something about black to black for the LEDs not to fry) and test mounted the lights. Re-connected the battery to make sure everything was working properly. Secured the battery once more for the new steering wheel I got from this lovely forum, as well as some interior bits to keep the s2k looking like new.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:43 AM

Did a gravity bleed on my clutch and brakes using Billman's method. Worked like a charm!
Old 04-23-2019, 04:57 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

New tires yesterday. Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2's because I was very happy with my Evo1's

Quick Reply: What did you do to your S2000 today?