S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What is fustrating about S2000?

Old 05-02-2001, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One frustration: Not enough open road.
Old 05-02-2001, 08:08 AM

Hi, I am new here so forgive my rambling.
I love my S2K and mechanically it is flawless but I am frustrated at times with the interior. I sure wish I had more storage in front of me, reaching behind me to get a new CD has proven almost disastrous! I would give anything for a clock and I can't understand why when I lock my door on the inside it locks the passenger door but the only way I can unlock the passenger door is to reach over and unlock it manually. I have learned to make sure my cell phone is fully charged because if I have to use the power socket my right elbow bumps into the thing. All these are still very minor when u compare them to the great thrill I get everytime I pull my little "rocket" out of the garage and get to drive it!

The one thing that really does bother me is the rear view mirror. At night, when there is a car behind me and I flip the lever to night I find that the perspective of the mirror is changed and I have to adjust the mirror. This has always bothered me from the day I bought the car and Honda has offered me no solutions.
Old 05-02-2001, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not enough track time. Seriously the S is build like a rock. Nothing annoying that a TSB can't fix. The floormat retaining pin is silly, doesn't work and rips up the carpet. Very thin and soft paint, chips easily and the windshield is prone to pitting.

A steal at $32K, I was just over at the BMW dealer and a new Z3 2.5 runs about the same price (~$35K). Will devistate anything under $50K. Add a supercharger and you can add a few over $50K too.
Old 05-02-2001, 08:17 AM

I wish the "auto-down" feature of the driver window would be working now, and that the stock came with better speakers. Speakers have been replaced.

Nothing pisses me off about the car; I just wish my commutes had to be scores of miles longer than it is so I could have more time in the car!
Old 05-02-2001, 08:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mostly the same rants as others, but also no real "hates", just wishful thinking -- no dash-located glovebox, easily damaged rear window, total trunk space (ditto on boot filling the trunk), interior width (big boy here), lame sound system (at speed w/top down), slippy clutch (see other posts).

You mentioned performance issues, I have no complaints. This ride goes 0-60 in 6 and then stops on a dime and makes change. Rattles? What rattles? Some LSD tranny noise but definitely NOT a rattle.
Old 05-02-2001, 08:24 AM

First thing to do with any new S2K is replace the
speakers. And that cheesy plastic rear window.
Old 05-02-2001, 09:10 AM

I guess the thing that gets on my nerves the most is the negative attention the car seems to draw sometimes-- teenagers driving daddy's car wanting to race, dumb rednecks in mustanks with obnoxiously loud exhausts revving beside you at stoplights, etc. But I guess you'd get that in any car as good-looking as the STOOK...
Old 05-02-2001, 09:23 AM

[QUOTE][i]

The one thing that really does bother me is the rear view mirror.
Old 05-02-2001, 09:45 AM

The 2 speakers that the car come with. They SUCK! They could have at least made 4 speakers instead of 2. Not feasible for a convertible car.

Jeffrey
Old 05-02-2001, 09:50 AM

Problems: the plastic rear window, the visibility with the top up, inability to open the center console without a second key while driving, low torque

Quick Reply: What is fustrating about S2000?