S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

When do you use your hardtop?

Old 06-19-2012, 09:44 AM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Why not buy another car if you all didn't want a convertible? The drop top adds $$$$ to the cost of a car.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy
Why not buy another car if you all didn't want a convertible? The drop top adds $$$$ to the cost of a car.
find me another 2800lb two seater than revs to 9k and carves corners like a knife through a thanksgiving turkey. I love my HT
Old 06-19-2012, 10:07 AM

I keep mine on all the time. Probably had it off a total of 2 weeks in a whole year.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:36 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I did consider other cars but in the end the s2k was what i wanted. We do a lot of canyon driving and i like the way the s2k feels.

Took a little bit to get over not having back seats and no room for a snowboard as this is my dd. In the end the handling was what i really wanted. Not being super expensive to maintain, easy to work on and good aftermarket support was also a plus.

Ive just always thought the s2k looks better with a hard top. Dont want to deal with rips in a soft top, or someone cutting it open to steal my seats/car.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:48 PM

Some people who own an s2000 chose it for reasons other than it being a convertible. I enjoy driving with the top down when the weather is below 80 degrees with low humidity, and where I live it is hot and humid for a good portion of the year. During those months when I will not likely drive with the top down, I enjoy having the hardtop on my car for a number of reasons:
-it insulates better than the soft top so the AC (or heater if you live in a cold climate) is more effective
-it looks better (in my opinion and that of many others)
-it is quieter, particularly at higher speeds on the highway/interstate (which is a large portion of the miles I drive)
-it has much better rear visibility than the tiny window in the soft top
-it is more secure than a soft top (yes somebody can still break a window if they want, but they can't simply slash the top)
-it is only increasing in value over time and will increase resale value if I ever decide to sell the car

To the OP, This is the hardtop stand that I use. I have been very pleased with this stand, it has wheels to make it easy to roll the hardtop around your garage and it includes a dust cover.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:00 PM

I like driving both ways, with top down and with my hardtop. You can't go wrong either way.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:43 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

My hardtop hasn't been off since initial installation last fall. I love it and don't miss top down much at all. Hardtop is too sexy and expensive to let it just sit in the garage.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by PureFunction
Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy' timestamp='1340127868' post='21794394
I did consider other cars but in the end the s2k was what i wanted. We do a lot of canyon driving and i like the way the s2k feels.

Took a little bit to get over not having back seats and no room for a snowboard as this is my dd. In the end the handling was what i really wanted. Not being super expensive to maintain, easy to work on and good aftermarket support was also a plus.

Ive just always thought the s2k looks better with a hard top. Dont want to deal with rips in a soft top, or someone cutting it open to steal my seats/car.

Why cut a top when you can smash a window.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:22 PM

That hardtop stand is sweet. Solid, mobile, and comes with a cover. Wrap with moving blankets for longer storage. NICE.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:43 PM

I normally use my hardtop in the winter and take it off during the summer

Quick Reply: When do you use your hardtop?