S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Where is the cheapest and best place to get the Vortech kit in Seattle, WA?

Old 05-26-2003, 05:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the cheapest and best place to get the Vortech kit in Seattle, WA?

Hi
I finally found a friend who is going over to your side of the world and happy to carry this baby back for me
I was like when I found out
Could you guys kindly tell me who I could trust and get a descent price for the Vortech kit?

TIA
Old 05-26-2003, 05:29 AM

oh I forgot
How is the kit packaged? What is the rough dimension? Is it easy to get damage or is the case fairly protective? Will it survive a trip to down under?
Will I be exempt from tax?

Thanks again guys
Old 05-26-2003, 06:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

you might want to post in the pacific northwest forum, as i'm not an owner i don't know where you would go, but the other folks around here (Seattle and surrounding) are very helpful.
Old 05-26-2003, 07:52 PM

You will end up paying tax. You might be able to collect what you paid later though, but not at the purchase time. Are you sure you want to buy it in the sates and then ship it home? For one, it will be held up in customs and you will probably get hit with Australian taxes anyway. The biggest reason is warranty support. If you bought it from a reseller in Australia you would have support. What you are looking to do is considered gray market and most manufacturers force you to deal with the company in the country you bought it from. I can get electronic from Japan that is identical to the ones their US division sells here. If there is a problem with it or it breaks, I have to send it back to Japan; the local division will not touch it.

Lance
Old 05-27-2003, 04:25 AM

The freight and import tax is too expensive at the moment. This the only way I can afford a S/C at this stage. The impor tax at the airport is generally depends on the declare value I seriuoly hope that those airport attendants know little about car/supercharger.

In regard to warranty. How many people have had problem since Vortech fixed their black boxes? I will be in Vortech's hand when it comes to this actually I hope for the best. They have been around long enough 4 me to trust. In addition, there are only a handful of OZ with S/C S2000, so I am sure Vortech will try to keep their reputation if anything goes wrong!!

I am serious on this purchase members. Could someone please help ASAP?

Regards
Old 05-27-2003, 04:43 AM

You are taking a big gamble, especially with security how it is right now.

As for the warranty, if Vortech has a subsidiary on Oz and they are expected to be independent, that makes it harder for you to get warranty work. They make money when they sell products and you have a product you bought elsewhere. What is the incentive in them fixing it? You can buy a Honda in Canada and bring it over to the US for cheaper then you can buy one for in the states. Guess what, you have no warranty with the US division, your warranty is with the Canadians. It goes back to gray market products. The warranty is with the distributor/subsidiary that it was sold too. You should contact Vortech to get their stance on this, preferably the one you would deal with at home.

Lance
Old 05-27-2003, 06:21 AM

Yes I do understand what you are saying lanbrown.
Thank you for your concern and care.
However, I can't afford a brand new S/C kit in Australia and for the price I might as well build a 11 sec S2k rather than get the kit
The cost of getting a second hand one from this forum is aldready around $USD 3k.
So, i thougth I might as well get a new one and gamble with warranty
Does anyone know where I can get one? Does anyone know how good or has done business with
Brad's Custom Auto
12719 28th Ave. N.E.
Seattle, WA 98125
Old 05-27-2003, 07:07 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

All I can tell you is that the kit is packaged in a very thick and sturdy box and many of the components inside are bubble wrapped and packaged in other smaller boxes. The whole box weighs around 60 lbs. It's approx. 2' tall, 2' wide, 2.5' long.
I have had mine now for 2 months now. No problems with install, no problems with its operation. It all worked right from the beginning.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by honda9krpm
[B]Yes I do understand what you are saying lanbrown.
Thank you for your concern and care.
However, I can't afford a brand new S/C kit in Australia and for the price I might as well build a 11 sec S2k rather than get the kit
The cost of getting a second hand one from this forum
Old 05-27-2003, 08:15 PM

thank again xviper and purdys2k
you guys are great

Quick Reply: Where is the cheapest and best place to get the Vortech kit in Seattle, WA?