S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

why i sold my s2k.

Old 03-27-2001, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, be thankful that she doesn't look like you! Just kidding, beautiful man. Cars come and go. We do miss your post.
Old 03-27-2001, 07:46 AM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

I opened this thread last night expecting to see a pic of a newer car. I, for some reason, was feeling a bit betrayed that someone who happily owned the S2K would sell the car for another.

But when I did open the thread and the pic loaded after about 2 minutes of download time (I was in my hotel last night on a modem connection), I saw a picture that lit up my face.

Man, I am really happy for you, she is downright beautiful and the S2K can't compete.

I have to thank you for that great picture, I think that will go in my photpoint album. . .and it will be filed in the S2K folder and titled, "Keeping things in perspective."

Congrats,

PS. PM me with your address or PO Box I have a bottle of wine for you or some cigars that I'd like to send on behalf of the S2K community.
Old 03-27-2001, 08:20 AM

Congrats, Frayed. I am also becoming a first time father, although mine is due in August. However, the S2K is going to stay. We have 99 TL that will more than adequately perform chauffeuring duties. We'll probably even trade that in for an MDX next year. My only regret is that I probably won't have the S2K by the time my child is old enough to ride safely in it.
Old 03-27-2001, 02:10 PM

Beautiful little future heartbreaker! If you haven't already, start that college fund for your little princess.
Old 03-27-2001, 06:06 PM

Thanks all for the kind words. It's kind of funny; I work long hours, and used to look forward into getting into my s2k, blasting home the long way and feeling like I was 16 again. Hell, I'd even crank ac/dc or van halen (and I'm a Lyle Lovett kind of guy). The ride home was my reward and release.

Now, I get into my car, blast home with a smile, James McMurtry on the stereo, the short way home to cuddle with the 'lil one, with even a more intense euphoria although I sure as heck don't feel like 16 anymore.

And, Tex S2k, thank goodness she looks like mom (well at least until those teenage years anyway)!

I am one of those who always knew that I wanted to have children, but it was always in one of those far off, 'yeah, someday' things. When reality hit in the delivery room, I thought to myself that I have been an idiot for delaying such a great thing.

Anyway, enough of that. Y'all go play and smoke some Mustangs and Camaro's for me. I'll be back to read your encounters.

And, you Austinites, I expect an invite to the next s2k get together. Maybe even one of you kind souls will swap cars for a drive. Shoot me a note at aabel@austin.rr.com.

hasta,

*f
Old 03-27-2001, 07:38 PM

Congratulations! I hope goes well with your new family! You said it DBW, that bar can be harsh!

- the Dude
Old 04-01-2001, 09:21 AM

Congrats, Jeff!! We do miss you around here.

I know what you mean about working the long hours--I haven't been spending nearly as much time on this board as of late & just saw your post today.