S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why so many used Stooks for sale in DC area? Dealer recommedation?

Old 04-16-2001, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been doing my research on the S2000 as a possible next car -- I currently have a 2000 Audi A4 that is the biggest POS! I always perform a lot of research before buying -- didn't help me a whole lot with the Audi!

Which is how I ended up on this board...

Anyway, I was looking through The Washington Post classifieds yesterday and noticed that there were 4-5 (at least) used S2000s for sale -- most above MSRP. Just thought that was a high number for a limited production car that so many people love.

I am going to go the "new" route as I want to break the car in myself -- I actually never buy used.

Can anyone suggest a Honda dealer in the DC area that:

- Sells for MSRP
- Been good to work with -- e.g. good service
- Has any Stooks in stock -- white, siler, black (color choices, in order of choice)

Thanks for any and all info.

ML
Old 04-16-2001, 06:40 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Mike...if you feel like driving north a bit..harrisburg has lots of s2000's on the lots...

white, red, silver and possibly yellow.

(at least 3 local dealers - rahal, faulkner and frederick)

Scot
Old 04-16-2001, 06:44 AM

Scot --

I may contact you about that -- thanks for the info.

ML
Old 04-16-2001, 06:47 AM

Mike, O'Donnell Honda in Ellicott City and Northwest Honda (off Reisterstown Rd.) both sell them for MSRP and usually have a few in stock. I got mine from Mark at Northwest and have absolutely no complaints at the attention I received during the whole process.
Old 04-16-2001, 06:51 AM
jaz

Herson's Honda in Rockville sells it for MSRP. I'm not sure what they have in stock. I only waited 2 weeks for my silver/red. 301-279-8600
Old 04-16-2001, 12:03 PM

Herson's Honda(Rockville), Northwest Honda, and O'Donnell Honda(Ellicott City) all sell for MSRP. I bought mine from O'Donnell Honda and their service was great! Anyway, I drive by O'donnell Honda a lot of times and I see a new silver S2K sitting in their lot. Hope this helps...
Old 04-16-2001, 12:54 PM

Herson's has a very good service department that I've been totally happy with. From what they say, any mods you put on through them they will cover under their warranty. (Applies even if you didnt buy the car from them but have them install it). I also understand that they have one of the best Honda techs in the country working for them.

They may have a few on the lot, but when I went there (didnt buy from them) the ones they had had kits and rims on them and I didnt want to pay extra for them. For example there was a Spa Yellow on the floor with 19s and some extras that was going for $42K. Also be aware that they wont let you test drive because they say most people who come into buy want as close to 0 mi. on the car. The guy I talked to said a test drive would only be possible with a deposit (whats the point in that?).

Sorry I cant help on any other dealerships... I bought mine used from a Toyota place.
Old 04-16-2001, 12:58 PM

I bought mine over a year ago from Pohanka in Marlow Heights. The delivery experience was great but I paid $2K over MSRP. They might be selling them for sticker now though...it would be worth a call. Ask for Will Nelson
Old 04-16-2001, 02:16 PM

Thanks for the info -- I am actually going to go to Hersons tonight to chat with them. I am hoping to schedule a test drive later this week -- even though jws626 mentions they don't allow test drives.

Which brings me to my next point...

I completely understand not letting someone take the car for a "joyride" but I think it is perfectly normal for someone to want to test drive the car before purchase. I make a very good living but I don't have so much cash that I can just walk around and drop it on something that I "think" I want -- and $33K at that!

Ultimately, if I decide to purchase the car, I will buy from a dealer that lets me test drive, with an appointment, and one that sells for MSRP. I have a car, I can be patient -- my message to the dealer.

Thanks again for all of the excellent info -- I'll let you know how my experience at Hersons this evening is.

Mike
Old 04-16-2001, 03:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is not a car for the faint of heart or drivers with a rear end that wants to be pampered. I think some people buy it thinking it's a cool roadster without having any idea about the skill it takes to drive and the raw driving experience it provides. So they end up selling it, looking for a softer ride, plusher surroundings, and a less demanding drive, say, like the TT provides.

I say good riddance to them! But you can benefit by findings perhaps a good used buy.

Quick Reply: Why so many used Stooks for sale in DC area? Dealer recommedation?