S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why are there so many Laguna Blues in Texas?

Old 02-19-2015, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrenalize
In Canada they sold ABP in base S2000s but it's ultra rare. Only seen one for sale. Even on the CR though it's hard to find.
There was a 2008 Apex Blue Pearl Non CR in Grande Prairie or Fort McMurry last summer for sale. Low mileage and asking price was $31,000 if I recall correctly. I made an offer of $28,000 and it had already sold at asking price.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Pacman
Originally Posted by Adrenalize' timestamp='1424400333' post='23512574
In Canada they sold ABP in base S2000s but it's ultra rare. Only seen one for sale. Even on the CR though it's hard to find.
There was a 2008 Apex Blue Pearl Non CR in Grande Prairie or Fort McMurry last summer for sale. Low mileage and asking price was $31,000 if I recall correctly. I made an offer of $28,000 and it had already sold at asking price.
Wow! now that is a crazy asking price...I would be afraid to drive that thing.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by rosodigital
having owned 2 AP1's I can attest to my own 06 AP2 being a total shit hole to drive before flashpro I went in an changed a bunch of stuff before upgrading hoping it fix the lumpy power band and overall poor performance. Nothing worked. I did the flashpro canned tune and boom smoothed everything out. The car drives like normal. I can point to a few issues specifically. Hesitation on heavy throttle pre-vtec, at the vtec engagement point there was a noticeable drop in power momentarily before hitting vtec, then the vtec band was smooth.

I changed the plugs, got a valve adjustment, changed the DBW module with no success. Flashpro fixed it. Could have just saved the money from all the other shit and just got the flashpro from the start.
I have done some research. While not all experience the issues I had it is something that many have and honda has acknowledged it. I read somewhere that the dealer was offering reprogs to the ECU but when I called to have them do it they wanted to run an expensive battery of tests to make sure it wasn't something else. Not really worth being bent over by the dealer...
I should also add that on hard gear changes the traction control would engage at weird times and stay engaged meaning no throttle control AT ALL... Dangerous! I've have to completely take my foot off the pedal for it to disengage. That issue went away after I changed the module.

Good to know, I didn't expect that the AP2 would have those kinds of issues, but glad that a reflash fixes it. For the most part from what I have seen in my research is that the AP2 is generally a safer and better car than the AP1. Stronger engine, stronger transmission, better suspension...though it seems like from your experience lose some rawness and control over some aspects of the car.
Do you prefer your AP2 now that it has been flashed? or would you still want an AP1?
Old 02-20-2015, 03:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djshoester

What general area you located?
I am located in San Diego and only seen 1 so far...
I live in Miami I've only seen one as well.
A few years ago, when I was in the 7th grade I saw a apex blue cr, now I only see SSM, and bb s2000s. Only one nfr, ryp, and gpw.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djshoester
Originally Posted by rosodigital' timestamp='1424393308' post='23512498
having owned 2 AP1's I can attest to my own 06 AP2 being a total shit hole to drive before flashpro I went in an changed a bunch of stuff before upgrading hoping it fix the lumpy power band and overall poor performance. Nothing worked. I did the flashpro canned tune and boom smoothed everything out. The car drives like normal. I can point to a few issues specifically. Hesitation on heavy throttle pre-vtec, at the vtec engagement point there was a noticeable drop in power momentarily before hitting vtec, then the vtec band was smooth.

I changed the plugs, got a valve adjustment, changed the DBW module with no success. Flashpro fixed it. Could have just saved the money from all the other shit and just got the flashpro from the start.
I have done some research. While not all experience the issues I had it is something that many have and honda has acknowledged it. I read somewhere that the dealer was offering reprogs to the ECU but when I called to have them do it they wanted to run an expensive battery of tests to make sure it wasn't something else. Not really worth being bent over by the dealer...
I should also add that on hard gear changes the traction control would engage at weird times and stay engaged meaning no throttle control AT ALL... Dangerous! I've have to completely take my foot off the pedal for it to disengage. That issue went away after I changed the module.

Good to know, I didn't expect that the AP2 would have those kinds of issues, but glad that a reflash fixes it. For the most part from what I have seen in my research is that the AP2 is generally a safer and better car than the AP1. Stronger engine, stronger transmission, better suspension...though it seems like from your experience lose some rawness and control over some aspects of the car.
Do you prefer your AP2 now that it has been flashed? or would you still want an AP1?
I like different things about both. The AP2 is definitely easier to drive. The AP1 more raw and fun to drive hard. I probably wouldn't go back now tho unless all the little things I like about the AP2 could be transferred.

I definitely would like a lighter flywheel and 9k redline back. Traction control can go jump off a cliff. All the added little compartments in the cabin are cool on the 06+. The body styling is better....blah blah blah
Old 02-21-2015, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by djshoester' timestamp='1424410559' post='23512681
[quote name='rosodigital' timestamp='1424393308' post='23512498']

I like different things about both. The AP2 is definitely easier to drive. The AP1 more raw and fun to drive hard. I probably wouldn't go back now tho unless all the little things I like about the AP2 could be transferred.

I definitely would like a lighter flywheel and 9k redline back. Traction control can go jump off a cliff. All the added little compartments in the cabin are cool on the 06+. The body styling is better....blah blah blah
[/quote]
You could just buy an AP1 flywheel and put it on your ap2 lol.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:27 AM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

i was initially looking for a clean 06+ in white.... my next choice would've been Laguna Blue. I must've looked at 25+ cars until i stumbled on a CPO from a nearby Honda Dealership. As soon as i saw it i bought it on the spot. It had 42k miles on her which is more than i liked but the car was cherry.... i paid $24k and it came with the OEM Hardtop. 100% bone stock.

Out here in SOCAL i've only seen a handful of LBP.... been seeing a ton of Silverstone cars.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by blueprint
i was initially looking for a clean 06+ in white.... my next choice would've been Laguna Blue. I must've looked at 25+ cars until i stumbled on a CPO from a nearby Honda Dealership. As soon as i saw it i bought it on the spot. It had 42k miles on her which is more than i liked but the car was cherry.... i paid $24k and it came with the OEM Hardtop. 100% bone stock.

Out here in SOCAL i've only seen a handful of LBP.... been seeing a ton of Silverstone cars.

Gorgeous. I hope you keep it stock too!!
Old 02-22-2015, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by blueprint

I am drooling over this photo!! Looks amazing and best she drives awesomely =)
Hope you keep her as is!
Old 02-22-2015, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by djshoester' timestamp='1424410559' post='23512681
[quote name='rosodigital' timestamp='1424393308' post='23512498']

[/quote]

Haha, well I am sure then whichever s2000 I get will be one that I love =)
Definitely opening up some doors for the AP1 for my search! Though that Laguna Blue is just too amazing to not want!

Quick Reply: Why are there so many Laguna Blues in Texas?