S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why are there so many Laguna Blues in Texas?

Old 02-19-2015, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are there so many Laguna Blues in Texas?

This is something that I have been noticing recently on this forum, but it may be because I have only been on for about a month or so and don't know any better. I apologize if this is in the wrong section of the forum since I am still relatively new to this place, please let me know if I should delete it or move it (though you will have to tell me how)

This is a topic that has been bugging me this past month since I love Laguna Blue and been dying to get my hands on one, but have yet to find one since they are always marked up for the color and never located closed to my general location in SoCal.

When I say "many", I really mean a good handful (basically 3 posts in the past month). I have noticed that recently that all the posts of Laguna Blue S2000s that I have seen are either for Sale in Texas or related to some accident in Texas. Granted I haven't really lurked among all the other sub forums yet, I mainly just stay within the classified and s2000 talk.

But I was wondering where are all the other Laguna Blue S2000 at? Any located in SoCal? And why are you Texans so willing to sell your Laguna Blues! (this is not meant to be offensive, please let me know if it is)
Old 02-19-2015, 08:48 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

I spent a solid 3 months or so searching Craigslist and Autotrader for a Lagnua Blue. It was the only color I was considering. I only ever saw one for sale in Texas, and it was modified with an aftermarket hard top and a Cusco roll bar. I found them all over the place including the Northeast, multiple in Ohio, and found multiple in Florida where I eventually purchased mine.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a desirable color, for sure. In fact, For my next S2000 I plan on looking for a LPB or the even rarer ABP (laguna versus apex blues, apex was only an option for CRs though I believe).

Good luck in your search though. It's a sweet color.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by King Tut
I spent a solid 3 months or so searching Craigslist and Autotrader for a Lagnua Blue. It was the only color I was considering. I only ever saw one for sale in Texas, and it was modified with an aftermarket hard top and a Cusco roll bar. I found them all over the place including the Northeast, multiple in Ohio, and found multiple in Florida where I eventually purchased mine.
Interesting, I have been looking the past 2-3 months over here in SoCal on Craigslist, cars.com, autotrader, and s2ki classified and find all mine either in Texas or in the LA area. However all the ones in LA are in terrible quality whereas all the ones I have seen from Texas seem to be in great quality. I have not considered looking in the east coast since I don't want to cover the shipping cost
Old 02-19-2015, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by jkelley
It's a desirable color, for sure. In fact, For my next S2000 I plan on looking for a LPB or the even rarer ABP (laguna versus apex blues, apex was only an option for CRs though I believe).

Good luck in your search though. It's a sweet color.
Thanks! Same to you
I am just sad there is a mark up on price just for the color alone
But it will be so much more satisfying once I get one!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There were only 1800 or so LBP S2's shipped to the US over... I love mine... I had a 1 Silverstone and 1 Sebring before... glad to be off the silver thing...
Old 02-19-2015, 09:56 AM

I need to get that dragon, Smaug, from LOTR to watch over my LBP here in Indiana.

Bought mine in Jan 2007 down in Arkansas. I've only seen one other LBP up here in these parts, and it was ragged out. An no, its not for sale......."I know you're mad Jake, but you've got to get your own..."
Old 02-19-2015, 10:03 AM

Mine is Laguna Blue, I'm located in Colorado. Bought it last August in Colorado Springs, all stock, low miles (currenlty at 16k miles). Grand Prix White was my first choice but I couldn't find one local. Stumbled upon the Laguna Blue and couldn't pass it up with the low mileage and excellent condition. Blue is my favorite color, so it all worked out.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by rosodigital
There were only 1800 or so LBP S2's shipped to the US over... I love mine... I had a 1 Silverstone and 1 Sebring before... glad to be off the silver thing...
Definitely did not know the numbers that were produced. Good figure to know, thanks!! I was tempted to buy an 2006 Silverstone, but decided that I wanted a more unique color.

Originally Posted by FWLBP
I need to get that dragon, Smaug, from LOTR to watch over my LBP here in Indiana.

Bought mine in Jan 2007 down in Arkansas. I've only seen one other LBP up here in these parts, and it was ragged out. An no, its not for sale......."I know you're mad Jake, but you've got to get your own..."
Haha, darn I was hoping that you would be willing to part ways!!
But I am glad that you love it that much, I would be the same if I had one.

Originally Posted by kv3o3
Mine is Laguna Blue, I'm located in Colorado. Bought it last August in Colorado Springs, all stock, low miles (currenlty at 16k miles). Grand Prix White was my first choice but I couldn't find one local. Stumbled upon the Laguna Blue and couldn't pass it up with the low mileage and excellent condition. Blue is my favorite color, so it all worked out.
Seems like you lucked out!! I am quite jealous on that.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LBP is my favorite color after gpw. I've only seen one other here. And it was once. I wish there were more LBPs here.

Quick Reply: Why are there so many Laguna Blues in Texas?