S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

would u sell the S for a corvette C5

Old 04-27-2007, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would u sell the S for a corvette C5

hey guys

well I been been on this board for a while now even before I had my S I don't post a lot but I read like every dam topic

so I ve decided to post.. cause I need some help deciding

well here the thing I've had my s2k for almost a yr and half now. I used to love driving the car.. any excuse to get out and drive it just like everyone else here. But now its just not that exiting anymore. don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the S. (just noisey and no space lol) since I've had the S I haven't even drove my integra on the street I used to drive that thing before every weekend. now integra is just a garage/trailor queen

I just for some weird dam reason want a corvette C5 (not a Z06, or a M3 or anything else). i ve drove plenty of them (i work part time at a dealership) and they seem nice and its just stuck in my head that I want a corvette. but I don't know if it will be a wise idea to get rid of the S.
(i can't keep both so that out of the story)

I have pretty much no complaints with the S like I said.
and its not either cause corvette is faster blah blah.

so now S a daily driver or a C5. thats is the question. I just don't wanna get the C5 and want to go back to a S2000.

anyone else sold there S for a vette? and regret it?

thanks in advance for us suggestions
Old 04-27-2007, 09:59 AM

IMHO I'd keep the S2000, for the money you'll pay for insurance and what not for owning a corvette I think it would be best to keep the S2000. But you cant ask someone to make a decision for you, if you want the corvette get the corvette, you'll be the one driving it daily, none of us will. So it all comes down to personal preference, but if you want to keep the S2000, drop in the stroker NA engine you'll fall in love again sooner or later.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:03 AM

IMO I think that the Corvette is the most cliche vehicle ever made. I know some people like them and to each their own. When I think of Corvette, I get the mental image of a middle age dude, sunburnt, in a hawaiin shirt, with huge gold chains and rings. That is just the first thing I think, for what it's worth. I do agree that the S is just too dang small.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:03 AM

I almost did the same thing, but then I went and drove one. It's big, shifter is not so nice, and it felt really slow even though I got going up to 80mph without even blinking. It's a serious fast car -- I saw myself killing myself or someone else with it. Never have to shift out of third though if you don't want to -- torque baby!

I sold my M3 for the same reason. Under 80-100 it just doesn't feel fun, where the S is fun all the time, great build quality and reliability. Usually doesn't catch too much attention either, but maybe cuz I never wash mine. (urban camouflage)

Go drive one and see for yourself, it's still tempting to me, but now I would rather have the C6. Saw a c6 z06 and almost made love to it right there in the parking lot.

Bummed to hear some of the reliability problems of the c5 were carried over to the c6 though -- it's a Chevy, what can one say?!?
--JD
Old 04-27-2007, 10:09 AM

The C5 Z06 is one hell of a track car bargin. I couldn't fault anyone for purchasing one if they intended to use it for what it was made to do.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:16 AM

If you really want a change, take the time to look around. There's a lot of interesting choices, besides a vette. Also, everyone I know with a vette talks about how much of a ticket magnet it is. Cops just don't notice a Black S2000 like they would a Red vette.

If I was trading up I'd probably start looking at M-Badge BMWs
Old 04-27-2007, 10:23 AM

The only way I would even consider it is if it was a C5 Z06. Even then I don't think I would do it. My neighbor has one and I'm looking out the windown at our cars side by side and the S is just so sexy.
Now a C6 Z06, definitely.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:28 AM

i personally really like the c5 vettes. i love the way you sit behind the wheel and the look out over that huge hood, its just awesome. only reason i didn't get one was becuase the insurance is twice as much as my S and (ok so two reasons) it would have to be my daily driver. i think the new vettes are just to edgy for me and the interior is so blah.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:32 AM

i just can not get over the chessy image of a vette
Old 04-27-2007, 10:33 AM

Is your S stock? I found that once you put some nice upgrades on your car it makes it less boring and more fun!

Quick Reply: would u sell the S for a corvette C5