S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Xviper has left the building

Old 10-04-2006, 08:17 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Xviper has left the building

This is my last post on this forum - 38,003 in all. For nearly 5.5 years, I've tried help S2000 owners all over the world, in all my "How To" threads in the FAQs in UTH and in countless thousands of PMs asking for personalized assistance.
I've encountered all sorts of unpleasant and unsavory people here over those years and I've had countless "duke 'em outs" with many of them. I've used myself as bait and as a target to draw those people out, to show others who they really are and to save them from having to deal with them. In spite of all these, I have continued to help complete strangers with their problems. I have travelled all over this continent to meets and have made friends and personal acquaintances with hundreds of S2000 owners. Those, I shall always cherish.

Here is the beginning of the end:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=427692

And the "last straw":
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ic=427899&st=0
I have not responded in that thread as some of those are ones I've had on my IGNORE list for a long time. Coincidental, isn't it?

A moderator just PMd me to ask me what was going on. Here is my response to him:
Of all the threads and individuals before this one, it has been the one that has inflamed me the most. I am about to leave this forum for good over it.
What we have here is an example of someone who made some pocket change from forum users with his "custom sig". Then someone comes on to quote copywrite laws. This guy essentially made money from something he has taken from others. He has made a "reasonable facsimile" of a shape and a design that is solely owned by Honda. Did he ask Honda permission to use it for personal gain? He adds to his picture, wheels from known rim manufacturers (Volk, Mugen). Did he ask permission from those companies to use their wheel design for personal gain? He incorporates lips and spoiler from various aftermarket manufacturers (Mugen) in some of his "designs". Did he get permission from them?
Then he gets all worked up when I suggest that his design can be "saved" and modified by anyone. On top of that, his buddies come on to defend him. He is being possessive over something he has sold and is trying to bully others into not doing something (modifying and using his "product") that he himself, has done to derive his "product".
He could have posted up that "It would be appreciated if his product was not copied and modified, that he would like to maintain the uniqueness of them for the limited few." I would have understood and backed off. BUT, the very worst, is that he uses my so called "status" and forum age to condemn me for doing it. Then he brings up this whole business of how I solicited users to buy a membership, all of which has nothing to do with my view and opinion on this subject. There have always been people who throw this in my face, like I'm supposed to act a certain way because of some perceived notion of the kind of person I ought to be. I despise this and I am ENRAGED!
About 1/2 of all those DIY threads in the FAQs are of my origin. I have no qualms about allowing perfect strangers to use them. In fact, my threads have been printed off and distributed throughout the world. Do I act like a possessive cry baby about it? Do I charge people to use them? Do I prevent others from doing whatever they like with that information?
I've just been alerted to his new thread in SoCal where everyone has come to his defense and to flame me. It's interesting that I've had many of those respondents on my IGNORE list for a long time now. I won't even bother to enter that thread to defend myself. I think that's it. I'm done. I will post one more post and I will never again be seen on this site. Over 5 years here and each year, there are more and more idiots turning up.
You've been a good friend. It's been a pleasure to have met you and to have known you.
Oh and don't worry, I won't register a new username and come back. Not going to happen. Unlike some others who have left, I'll leave all my threads here for everyone (new and old) to use them as they please. If that will help and enhance their S2000 ownership, that's great.

I shall no longer respond to PMs from anyone seeking assistance with their cars. Actually, I will no longer see any PMs after this evening as I will log out for the very last time. There remains many others here who are well versed in the S2000 to help you.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn that's a shame. Thanks for all the technical How-to's you have posted over the years. I would like to think your tehcnical knowledge and willingess to share it has separated this forum from some of the other forums out there.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nnnooooo!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 08:26 PM

wow.

very rare that I am at a loss for words.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

xviper- i can only hope that this is a really early april fools post!
if not, it is a severe understatement to say that you will be missed...
Old 10-04-2006, 08:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u'll be missed

thanks for all the how-to's and knowledge of the S

well whatever you are going to do in the future. hope all goes well
Old 10-04-2006, 08:32 PM

wow that sucks.. i have looked at some of ur how tos..

i dunno if this will make u feel batter, but on other forums.. those little pics that that guy is making is something people do for fun and for free..

http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31107
Old 10-04-2006, 08:34 PM

see ya around
Old 10-04-2006, 08:34 PM

who cares?
Old 10-04-2006, 08:35 PM

so much drama in the so.cal forum.... its lame..

how come s2ki has so many cocky jerks??

Quick Reply: Xviper has left the building