S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Year round S2k drivers

Old 06-26-2001, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The s2k is my only car. If you have a chance to get this car, go for it. It is an amazing car. The good definitely out weighs the bad. Thanks
Old 06-26-2001, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny, I also came from a GSR. The stook is my only car (shared commute duty w/motorcycle). It requires a slightly hardcore attitude to use as your one-and-only vehicle. It is notch lower in intensity than riding the bike to work but it still rides with attitude. I'd be a little unhappy if I didn't have access to my girlfriend's SUV for shopping and leaving in parking lots. That would be one of my bigger concerns about only using the stook (leaving it alone in public).
Old 06-26-2001, 02:02 PM

I also use my S2K as a daily driver and came from a FWD car (Accord V6). No problems so far. You just have to plan on extra trips to and from the store with smaller loads of stuff. But you'll see...spending the extra time driving an S2K will be worth it.
Old 06-26-2001, 02:26 PM

I also use mine as a daily driver. I obviously think the world of this car and have enjoyed it to no end. I will tell you that I have the following MINOR issues with it:

1. RAIN RAIN RAIN! This car needs to be driven carefully in the rain. Since I live in Louisiana lets just say that the odds of getting caught in a thunderstorm are pretty good. Now this is caused primarily from the stock tires that are put on the car. I switched to some more weather friendly performance tires when it came time to replace them and I am very pleased.

2. TIRES! Since this is my daily driver and I drive semi-aggressive I am now on my 3rd set of rears in 28K miles (I just put on new rears). *gasp* so I just shell out the cash every 14K miles for some new rears...

3. CLOCK! This has been so hammered into the ground but it still bugs the hell out of me! This is a non issue for you unless you are buying used cause the 01's now have a clock.

4. Plastic window... once again beaten to death, BUT I feel it is more of an issue for me because I live in a rural area and there is lots of dusts and pollen! The plastic seems to attract and hold this junk Nothing that a can of Plexus in the trunk doesn't solve!

5. Lack of interior storage... I like to have a clean car.. esp since this car attracts attention and people like to go for rides etc... with little space sometimes it is hard to hide the cheeseburger wrapper or laptop case or manuals. You could put things in the trunk but hey... golf clubs gotta go somehwere

6. Top rattle... after a while the top will losen and start to rattle. This is common and usually lubing up the hinges on the inside seem to help.

7. SPEAKERS SUX! As my daily driver... man I gotta have tunes! The stock speakers are crap... don't even try to go a week with them... just rip them out and get new ones. (I can her thousands of AMEN's being said now from fellow daily drivers! )

8. The shift knob... OK OK OK I even admit this is picky, but damn it having to take off your hat to place over the shift knob on a HOT Louisiana day to keep from getting 1st degree burns can get old

9. Trunk storage... Don't plan on getting groceries for a family of four in this car This is also a blessing in my case... When my wife and I go shopping I just bring the Honda and say, "Hmm I forgot to take the clubs out of the trunk... looks like we can't buy all that today." Then she usually walks into the nearest Jewlery store.... hahaha

BTW... all the things I listed above... I LOVE EM! Wouldn't trade em for the world. Gives my car character. On a hot summers day I love to play the "Wanna see how cool it is to put my car in reverse game" when the shift knob is about 500 degrees C with my passenger

Hope this helps....