S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Anyone replace the oil pressure sender with adjustable unit

Old 08-14-2017, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone replace the oil pressure sender with adjustable unit

Long story short, I'm wondering if anyone else has swapped out the factory (useless) switch for a Longacre or equivalent adjustable type of sensor.

Details:
I have a sandwich plate with aftermarket sensor and light, but the sandwich plate is leaking ever so slowly, and there isn't much I'm doing to help that. I'd prefer to abandon that method at this point. And seeing as how the OEM sensor isn't doing anything for me, I was hoping this could be a clean solution.

Since I have both sensors plumbed up, I may do some tests here to see how likely it is to work. That is if I don't hear from anyone.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure what your end goal is but I can share with you what I did(and most probably do) to retain the factory sensor and idiot light setup to remain as stock and add a separate sensor for an oil pressure gauge.

I purchased this adapter:

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...sp?RecID=11217

And then a combination of BSP and NPT fittings to remote mount the 2 sensors. You could do something similar. Anything you read on aftermarket oil pressure sensors says not to mount it to the block, mount to frame instead as the vibration can cause the sensor to fail.

I can add pictures in a bit of what mine looks like.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F1_DNA
I'm not sure what your end goal is but I can share with you what I did(and most probably do) to retain the factory sensor and idiot light setup to remain as stock and add a separate sensor for an oil pressure gauge.

I purchased this adapter:

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...sp?RecID=11217

And then a combination of BSP and NPT fittings to remote mount the 2 sensors. You could do something similar. Anything you read on aftermarket oil pressure sensors says not to mount it to the block, mount to frame instead as the vibration can cause the sensor to fail.

I can add pictures in a bit of what mine looks like.
I almost bought that fitting, but decided against it for time and simplicity sake. Maybe I'll get it anyway. Did you run 2 separate hoses away to a remote location? Seems like having the tee remotely mounted would be the ultimate solution.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:46 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by F1_DNA
even worse - mounting a big sensor directly to the block can crack the block - there's been a few people who had that issue over time