S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

BG 44K and Oil Consumption

Old 06-26-2017, 04:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jyeung528
Well, I cannot make any sense of this.

​​​​​​Perhaps you were leaking some oil through the drink plug and now it stopped because you used a new washer?
Nah i always get a new one or flip it in the rare occasion I dont have a new one as I change all fluids in my car. There would also be a TON of oil where I park if that was the case. Car just aint oil hungry apparently anymore.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:28 AM

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts

perhaps the oil measurement was not done on a level surface either one of the times it was measured, or one or more was done with the engine not having been run, etc.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:36 PM

perhaps the oil measurement was not done on a level surface either one of the times it was measured, or one or more was done with the engine not having been run, etc.
Lol I know how to check oil and understand the properties of a petroleum based product when heat is a variable.

When you say
or one or more was done with the engine not having been run, etc.
Checking hot oil in your words " engine not having been run" would give you a higher oil reading level reading than checking a cold engine. So your logic is flawed make no sense.. Chances are I am probably more mechanically incline than you are and asking someone if they can check their oil properly is kinda an insult is it not? I personally do all the work to my car and know my way around an s2000.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:31 AM

it's a bit silly to get offended by that. i really don't care if you're more mechanically inclined than i am. furthermore, the more mechanically inclined you are, the less offended you would be.

we're trying to figure out why your oil consumption changed, and it's unlikely a fuel system cleaner did that.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:08 PM

it's a bit silly to get offended by that. i really don't care if you're more mechanically inclined than i am. furthermore, the more mechanically inclined you are, the less offended you would be.

we're trying to figure out why your oil consumption changed, and it's unlikely a fuel system cleaner did that.
maybe you should research bg44k, possibly only fuel cleaner that does anything.

the more mechanically inclined you are, the less offended you would be.
Really? A comparable comparison is asking a gentlemen "do you know what 2+2 is?" while he has a phd in mathematics. If you cant understand that then a fairy made my engine stop burning oil, we figured out why my oil consumption changed. Problem solved peace jungie
Old 06-30-2017, 09:12 PM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by s2cho

Checking hot oil in your words " engine not having been run" would give you a higher oil reading level reading than checking a cold engine. So your logic is flawed make no sense.
Not sure what you meant... but oil measured hot might be less than cold --- because not all oil has returned from head to oil pan --- just after engine is turned off.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by windhund116
Not sure what you meant... but oil measured hot might be less than cold --- because not all oil has returned from head to oil pan --- just after engine is turned off.

Well generally when checking a hot engine you would wait a few mins, thats why most recommend to check oil while getting gas as it allows for a couple mins for it to settle as you go pay and start to fill up. And by the way motor oil does expand with heat, which is nearly enough to even compensate for oil in the head of the engine. You can look up the coefficient of expansion which is generally 0.00007-0.00025 /F depending on the weight of the oil. If you do the math you'll end up with roughly almost .3 quarts of expansion if you have 5 quarts of oil at 200 degrees F with a .0007 coefficient.

Why would you check the oil on a cold engine? Does your car operate with oil that is cold? The owners manual even states to wait a few mins after running the car and then take a reading. Honestly even a minute is plenty of time for 200 degree oil to make its way down back to the oil pan from the head.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:42 AM

Really? A comparable comparison is asking a gentlemen "do you know what 2+2 is?" while he has a phd in mathematics. If you cant understand that then a fairy made my engine stop burning oil, we figured out why my oil consumption changed. Problem solved peace jungie
this is exactly my point.

why would a phd in mathematics get offended by this? it's way beneath him, isn't it?
Old 07-03-2017, 07:44 AM

maybe you should research bg44k, possibly only fuel cleaner that does anything.
i'm not questioning whether fuel cleaners do anything. they all do something, they're cleaners. i personally use techron myself.

but they do not claim nor advertise that they clean piston rings, because they probably don't. they don't even claim nor advertise to lower oil consumption, because they probably can't.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:22 PM

i'm not questioning whether fuel cleaners do anything. they all do something, they're cleaners. i personally use techron myself.

but they do not claim nor advertise that they clean piston rings, because they probably don't. they don't even claim nor advertise to lower oil consumption, because they probably can't.
English isn't your first language is it? You horribly fail with reading comprehension, ask multiple times if I put it in with the engine oil when I even posted quoting you clearing it up and fail to research anything before you post. Because your so dull ill give you their link.
Amazon Amazon
  • Fuel system cleaner quickly cleans fuel injectors, valves and combustion chambers
Wow it states that it cleans valves and combustion chambers. I wonder where the rings are Have you ever used it but your willing to disregard its facts? When did i ever state that bg44k ever claim to lower oil consumption? You seem to have the reading comprehension of a 4 year old. Make up your own facts and throw them into a story eh?

Techron is garbage btw google chris fix and watch his youtube video about that garbage. Of course you would buy a product that doesnt do anything. But back on track, just like water through the intake manifold. You even state that rrounds wasnt telling me to use water when its a probably the most effective and cheapest way to remove built up carbon deposits. But wow they do state that they clean combustion chambers when you clearly just said they didnt. Someone stupid? Or is it just pure ignorance and laziness? lol dont get to butt hurt baby girl

Quick Reply: BG 44K and Oil Consumption