S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

FUSE BOX TUCK.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FUSE BOX TUCK.

I've had like 2 threads on here with sourcing terminals and what not, and another with removing the stupid pins off the connectors. My goal (which has not been achieved) is to use OEM connectors in between splices instead of Solder, butt connectors, and any other type of connection. I feel its the only best and most secure way of doing this without having to worry in the future. Any who this tuck I attempted (first time in my life) wasn't done with my Goal in mind (i got impatient and just did the best I could with butt connectors) and I wanted to share and see if you guys out there did it like this and well your thoughts.

I plan on modifying this in the future but at least I got the setup done. I placed my fuse box in the pass side under dash. It is very concealed in my opinion, and I didn't use the black cover that goes around the connectors. It's mounted kinda tight in terms of the wiring in the back but hopefully that'll keep it from connections coming apart. I am kinda worried with the way I connected the wires but I did double check them before I finalized. anyone here had their fuse box tucked like this and had NO problems in the future??

Thanks for your time guys..

This is at the very beginning.

Then I removed battery/tray, EPS, and started un-looming wiring.

Now all the wires that could DE-PIN I did. (less wiring to hack)

Here I set this up like this to go back and reference after I DE-PIN. I also numbered them as well as the connectors to make sure mistakes werent made.

After I DE-PIN the big BROWN connectors, then came these pieces of SH**. this connector specifically I ended up cutting all the wires and THEN I figured out how to DE-PIN them (pissed me off I was getting frustrated). Originally only 3 wires from here needed to be cut and extended. Because of my frustration, all wires were cut (in which only 3 extended, the others just ran them down to the pass side).

This is how I did my connections. I double checked everything (although this is not my preference) and it was tight and snug. Future plans to change this though.

These were the brackets I used. I JB welded an 8mm nut on each bracket that way it'd be easier to mount at the end.

Almost DONE!!!! this pic is very scary!!

MOUNTED!!!

ENGINE BAY

And thats it for now..
Hope this helps some and also those to give me feedback..

Thanks guys..
Old 09-11-2011, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job man.. a good start to a nice clean up. haha eps and battery next!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:20 PM

like it!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:50 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When I did mine, I soldered every connection. I really do not trust the butt connector.

I do like that you placed it inside the interior instead of the fender.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Devinb
Good job man.. a good start to a nice clean up. haha eps and battery next!
Thank you, and yes that is next. This time around I will have everything I need especially an extra harness unless I source a place who sells color coded wiring to Honda Specifics

Originally Posted by AnkitSid
like it!
Thanks

Originally Posted by S~Factor
When I did mine, I soldered every connection. I really do not trust the butt connector.

I do like that you placed it inside the interior instead of the fender.
Thank you and I thought of doing solder which is much better, but I was worried that after soldering the brittleness of it could break it. Maybe me over thinking it. Hopefully nothing goes wrong.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:47 PM

looks nice! i want to do it but i am pretty sure i will mess up ):
Old 09-17-2011, 05:02 PM

hey iluvs2ks im currently in the process of this and need advice on de-pinning the wires .. can you briefly describe the steps to do so ? more specifically the brown plugs, i think the green plugs shouldnt be a problem .. thanks !
Old 09-18-2011, 11:11 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

So, why are you doing this?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:25 AM

are you planning on going all out?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:54 AM

Dang sorry for late replys!!

Originally Posted by christoepurrr
hey iluvs2ks im currently in the process of this and need advice on de-pinning the wires .. can you briefly describe the steps to do so ? more specifically the brown plugs, i think the green plugs shouldnt be a problem .. thanks !
1. The white clip behind the brown plugs come off. They are a bit tight but a small fine flathead will do the trick.
2. Because you cant see much inside due to the grease, get yourself electrical parts cleaner to remove the grease.
3. once thats done you can see the little flap that holds the terminal. usually its on the side that plugs into the fusebox.

Make sense?!

Originally Posted by davidc1
So, why are you doing this?
making the engine bay look nice and since I plan on doing this myself, I wanted to get a feeling of whats involved.

Originally Posted by dsthez
are you planning on going all out?
Yes but for right now I'm just gathering my materials. I just became an RN, and am saving for a house, and I don't have a place to work on my car, plus I need a DD that way I take my time in doing this. Lots of things going on now. but I will be making a thread in the future on my build once I settle.